I am NOT under NDA......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am NOT under NDA......

More a question for the beta testers/admins... I've gotten the final G1000 specs from a supplier and am not under NDA at all.
    Any objections to me posting them?
    P4 2.4ghz|1024mb PC800 RD Ram|Gigabyte GA-8ITXE|Soundblaster Audigy Mp3+|Parhelia -512 (Bulk)|D-Link Gigabit NIC|IBM G97|Lian-Li PC-86

No objections at all

I don't see a problem since it's going to be announced next Tuesday, but I might be a little biased since I don't know what they are Next time don't ask, just do it!

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

What's a G1000?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Word for word from the fax I got.

"The G1000 is the world's first DirectX 9 compliant Graphics Immersion Unit. Utilising the eight pipe Matrox Deferred Rendering Engine, it achieves over TWICE the performance of any other graphics solution in its class.

Key Features

:Matrox G1000 chip running at up to 375mhz, 105 million transistors. :Full support for AGP standard up to 8x :2MB of on chip unified texture, pixel, and geometry cache :64-256MB high-speed DDR memory :Quad UltraSharp-II 400 MHz RAMDACs :Capable of simultaneously powering 4 analogue monitors/flat panels of 4 digital flat panels :Full DirectX 9 acceleration :Support for 64bit, 96 bit, and 128 bit colour depths :150 million displacement mapped triangles/sec :3 GPixels/sec (visible), 12 Gpixels/sec (depth complexity 4) :24 simultaneous textures, 48 pixel shader operations :Up to 16 sample high-quality TruView jittered anti-aliasing :Support for extensive workstation features including ati-aliased lines, two sided lighting, and window clipping :Hardware assisted high-quality DVD playback (IDCT, motion compensation) :Unified drivers :Extensive OS support including Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME and 98, WIndows NT, Linux, and Mac OS X :Optimized for latest Intel Pentium 4, Intel Xeon, AMD Athlon XP, AMD Duron, and Motorola G4 platforms.

The G1000 will be available in volume starting in June 2002, in models priced as low as $229 (MSRP). There will be two G1000 products available at launch, the Millenium G1000 and the Millenium G1000+, shipping with Microsoft WHQL-certified drivers. The workstation, quad-display Millenium G1000 Pro and Millenium G1100 Pro will be available with certified drivers in fall 2002."

edit:typo
        P4 2.4ghz|1024mb PC800 RD Ram|Gigabyte GA-8ITXE|Soundblaster Audigy Mp3+|Parhelia -512 (Bulk)|D-Link Gigabit NIC|IBM G97|Lian-Li PC-86

Comment

btw, if this is a screenshot from the matrox website, then it is probably the april first hoax specs. The fact that you call it G1000 makes me think it is since the card name will be Parhelia. Post it, and we will let you know if it's real or not

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

oops, a liitle late on my post, but those are the fake specs.

Dave

Comment

You are a victim to an April Fools joke, my friend.

Those specs are bogus.
              VigilAnt

Comment

Strange that a supplier would fax one of their largest retail customers fake specs

Comment

Time for a new supplier.
                  VigilAnt

Comment

Will the Quick Reply seems to be working.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Look anything like this This is the hoax picture.

Comment

/me kicks self and supplier. Not the way you keep customers
                        Apologies for wasting everyone's time
                        Last edited by Hazmat2k; 8 May 2002, 22:34.

Comment

We've got a few days to kill.
                          Don't worry about it.
                          chuck
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

ditto cj
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

i don't know about everyone else, but i am quite enjoying the tension of waiting for the card now that we know it definitely exits. i would not want to know the specs, and ruin the suprise that Matrox has for everyone
                              Dell Inspiron 8200
                              Pentium4m 1.6
                              640mb pc2100
                              64mb gf440go
                              15" uxga ultrasharp
                              40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Working...
                              X