Virtualdub encoding problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtualdub encoding problem....

Last night, I tried to capture .avi from VHS via VDub1.4.9 and the capture went well (3.6G file) except that when trying to re-encode in mpg (via Panasonic2.51 & also tmpgenc and LSX), the encoding stops at the middle saying that an error occured......
    I encoded same files few months ago and had no probs at all....... I think I used Vdub 1.4.7 but same Matrox settings etc....
    My question is, as it seems to be related to the "famous" 2G and 4G limits, how all of this occured as I have the same pc settings (fat32, etc..) ???
    Capturing is ok.......
    but right at 2G, an capturing error seems to happens......
    How?? why?? and what to do to avoid it like previously??
    another detail:
    The file seems to be perfect(3,6G/56min) but when playing it, it stops right at 2G, around 36minutes if you prefer....then , no image and no sound....

Any one has a hint about this bug??

Merci!!

"OO"
    celeron 1.4ghz tualatin/Slot-T adapter/AX6BC/Matrox G-200 Marvel16mo/320Rams-133@100/SBLive oem/DR-CDrw 16X/Matsuhita cd-rom 32x/Raceleader FF wheel/WD Caviar 40G 7200 X 2 +Fuji 11G 5400 HDS/ Q71/Win98 top notch/DX9.0a/DSL/and faith in a good pc setup...

Check if you have segmented capture enabled in VirtualDub...

landrover
    -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
    2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    Matrox Parhelia 128
    Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
    Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
    Maxtor 300 GB for video
    Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
    Win XP Pro

At work:
    Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
    Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Merci Land!!
      I can,t remember if it was checked first few times I tried but I will re-test it with a smaller encoding like 2,2G just to check......

Will post later....

"OO"
      celeron 1.4ghz tualatin/Slot-T adapter/AX6BC/Matrox G-200 Marvel16mo/320Rams-133@100/SBLive oem/DR-CDrw 16X/Matsuhita cd-rom 32x/Raceleader FF wheel/WD Caviar 40G 7200 X 2 +Fuji 11G 5400 HDS/ Q71/Win98 top notch/DX9.0a/DSL/and faith in a good pc setup...

Comment

Not all encoder programs support AVI files larger than 2gb , however TMPGEnc
        should have no problem , as long as it opens the AVI with the right plugin

----
        How to change plugin :
        In TMPGEnc goto Options (at top)
        Click Environmental settings
        goto VFAPI plug-in
        set high priorty to the plugin you want.

BTW; AVI2 (openDML) works for me.

zeb
        My PC :Matrox G400TV AMD Duron750mhz@850mhz,256Mb,Abit KT7133raid,10gb ibm,10gb seagete,20gb7.2k-rmp fujitsu,LG CDWR 40x16x10
        win98se
        Entertainment : P150mhz@160mhz,16mb,VX MBoad,PCI-TNT with TV/out,H+ dvd,Creative x5 dvd

Comment

Working...
        X