G550 - 1.5v Agp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 - 1.5v Agp?

Sorry for what might be a duplicate question - but when I tried searching here and on Matrox's forum, I seem to get a lot of hits for the G400 and 450, but nothing specific to the G550.

I recently bought an Abit nForce based motherboard, sans video, and a G550 for a new system I'm putting together. Last night, after carefully assembling the system, I powered it up - and NOTHING. No POST, no video out at all.

I'm not saying that it's necessarily the video card (I'm actually blaming the mobo until I see otherwise) - but the manual did mention that a 1.5V card *must* be used, and a 3.3V card would damage the motherboard.

Anyone know off hand if the card is 1.5V, and if it could have possibly damaged the board by not autosensing (?) that it shouldn't be 3.3V?

Thanks,
    -rj

All G series cards from G400 up are cabable of both 3.3 and 1.5v operation.
    The card will detect what the motherboard needs, and automatticaly switch to that mode.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X