Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 not capable of Sync on Green?

Hi,
    I've just upgraded my old MGA millenium PCI to G450 DH 16MB AGP, and it seems SyncOnGreen is not working.
    I'm using it under linux, on a A2094A 20" HP dual scan monitor (which accepts only SoG).
    I tried all kind of things, fbset -csync on -gsync on, Option "Sync-on-green" in XF86Config, different kernel options, even different kernels (all worked w/ the old card) with no luck whatsoever.
    I see no error messages, eg X11 (4.1.x) shows:
    (**) MGA(0): Sync-on-Green enabled
    The PROGBIOS utility mentioned somewhere in this forum is not capable of programming BIOS "prior to G400". It correctly identifies the card, but as soon as it would write the BIOS it just bails out w/ an error message.
    Any help would be appreciated. And yes, I've searched all the forum here (plus google'd around for about two hours on this)
    -d

I don't know about under Linux, but under Windows, I would suggest using Powerstrip, which has a SOG option (though I can't personally verify this works on G450).
    You might ask this question in the Alternative Lifestyles forum, where all the Linux users gather...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi Kruzin, thanks for the information - i will try to ask there.
      The problem w/ powerstrip is that I have no windows on that box, because it's my LAN / DSL firewall, which i would like to use as a television besides routing lan traffic.
      It has a pci tv card and stuff, but the old millenium is not capable of hw stretching the tv-out 800x600 overlay to the 20" monitors native resolution (which is 1280x1024, so there are big black borders all around the tv image)
      -d

Comment

Working...
      X