Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What capture card do you suggest I use for this application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What capture card do you suggest I use for this application?

Problem. I have been unable to correctly install an ATI all in wonder card on a Dell Optiplex computer. I think there is some kind of clash between the on board graphics and the new card.

I need to display a fairly grotty s-video signal that is coming from a Fuji HC300 camera. The display window must able to be forced to the top so that it is still visible when I use another application. I would like to be able to change the size of the display window. I tried using a cheap Haupage TV card, but the quality was an absolute joke, with colours being out of sync. What capture card do you recommend?

------------------

Ouch, unenviable position.

I wouldn't have put an AIW top of my list, but since you can't get that running against your onboard display, it would also write Marvel out of the equation (probably).

To be honest, you don't have many options that I can think of offhand. In fact the only one I can think of is a Pinnacle (Miro) DC10 which isn't especially cheap. And there's no guarantee that it's going to work well with your setup.

If you want I could forward your technical details to my contact at Pinnacle and ask for their opinion. If so, let me know exactly what model (CPU type/speed, amount of RAM and HD size, plus anything you may have added in to the machine)

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X