Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infa Red vision for cars where can I get it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infa Red vision for cars where can I get it.

Thick fog here earlier and realised there is one accessory my car is missing, infa red vision. Every other car has got on and the owners presume that every other driver has got it so I'm feeling left out. Can anyone help me and point me towards a british dealer that sells this wonderful accessory?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

It's only on Cadillacs that I'm aware of.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Can't be. Every other sod had one today and theres me struggling to see the car in front without it's lights on.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

perhaps you need to be a terminator like Arnie!

Comment

I was watching that the other day and thinking just that.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The US is trailing others countries (Europe in general) whom have already implemented this tech.

GM is pairing this technology from Indigo Systems for use in furture cars, but alas only the most expensive of vehicles will have it as an extremely expensive addonaccessory

Domain for Sale. IndigoSystems.com. Request Price. What Are the Advantages of a Super Premium .Com Domain? Increased Traffic. Search Engine Ranking. Brand Recognition. Immediate Presence. Higher Profits. Great Investment. #1 in Premium Domains. 300,000 of the World's Best .Com Domains.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Pity most drivers don't realise that lights have two functions. One too see, two to be seen!!!
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Actually, MB is working on it, too. But Cadillac is the only one already selling it, that is, if we leave the army out of this.
                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Milton Bradley?
                  Last edited by Greebe; 6 May 2002, 11:49.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                    Can't be. Every other sod had one today and theres me struggling to see the car in front without it's lights on.
                    Are you being sarcastic about those people who seem to like driving so close behind they can read your number plate using braille? There's a lot of idiots out there.
                    Last edited by Fat Tone; 7 May 2002, 00:53.
                    FT.

Comment

Hehe no! It's Mercedes Benz.
                      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Andrews

Are you being sarcastic about those people who seem to like driving so close behind they can read your number plate using braille? There's a lot of idiots out there.

I have two deterrents for people like this :

First, adjust one of your windscreen washer jets to shoot over your car and land about ten feet behind you. This increases to around thirty feet at 70mph.
                        When someone is tailgating you, use your washers several times and eventually, when the idiot behind you has to keep wiping soapy water off his screen, he realises he might be just a little too close.

Second, fit high level brakelights and adjust your brakelight switch so that it puts on the lights before the brakes.
                        A gentle touch of the brake pedal flashes a whole lot of red lights but doesnt slow you down. It usually takes a second or two for the idiot behind you to realise this, by which time you've opened out a gap.

A third option involves you driving a Citroen BX and deliberately inducing an airlock in the rear suspension hydraulics, which has the effect of making the back of the car rise a few inches when the brakes are applied even slightly. (I didnt do this deliberately, it was an accidental side effect of changing the rear spheres and not bleeding the system.)
                        This makes people tailgating you believe you've just slammed on the anchors for an emergency stop.

I used this once on some prize tit in a Mondeo who was tailgating me at 80mph and yakking away on his (hand held) mobile phone.
                        He was actually so close I couldnt see his headlights in my rear view mirror.
                        One swift dab of the brakes later and he was off to see :
                        - His tyre dealer.
                        - A mobile phone repairer.
                        - A laundry service.

Edit : Damn, where did the Evil/Satan smiley go? First time I've ever wanted to use it too!
                        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Heh, that's sweet..

Almost gives one a practical excuse to buy hydros.

Comment

I know
                            Fact is most hydro Citroens (especially the sporty ones) have unfeasibly good brakes, mainly because you dont operate the brakes as such as operate a valve to supply pressure from the hydraulic pump, which ticks over at something like 2700-3500psi.

My ABS failed once as I was breaking for a bend. I locked up both front's (205/50x15 Michelin Sports) on a good dry road at 90mph.
                            The skidmarks were impressive, especially the ones on the road!

Drive a good hydro Citroen, you'll never want to drive anything else.
                            Drive a bad one, you'll curse them to everyone you know for all eternity.
                            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL

First, adjust one of your windscreen washer jets to shoot over your car and land about ten feet behind you. This increases to around thirty feet at 70mph.
                              When someone is tailgating you, use your washers several times and eventually, when the idiot behind you has to keep wiping soapy water off his screen, he realises he might be just a little too close.

I had a car that did this never bothered adjusting the washer jets.
                              Also didn't some fords show the reversing lights when you shifted the gear lever over to the reverse gear position so in effect you were free wheeling but the person behind thought at 90 mph you suddenly gone into reverse.
                              No I wasn't be sarcastic I was just making the point when the visabilty is poor it make sense to put lights on so you can be seen. The best thing about it half these idiots put there fog lights on when the sun is out but never when it's foggy.
                              Another daft thing I saw was a couple who'd lost there way so they stopped the car in the middle of the junction got out and got the map out. What plonkers.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X