Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reactor Critical G1000 Spec

WOW!!

Matrox Graphics is really preparing the new chip called G1000 also known as code-named Parhelia.
    I wonder if it is really called G1000...

DirectX 9 support. It also includes Pixel Shaders and Vertex Shaders 2.0 as well as all the other features of the new API from Microsoft such as Displacement Mapping and increased to 40-bit color-depth. Since DirectX 9 shaders require more power compared to the previous versions, the 4 vertex shaders pipelines will be implemented in the chip.
    40 bit color! hmmm! unexspected!

seems like an inaccurate rumor to me.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

hmm lets speculate on these specs.

80-90 million transistors (0.13µ?), GF4 has ~60mio. 0.15µ. i guess the chip will run pretty hot then no? bye bye passive heatsink

256MB memory sounds awfully lot (and expensive) to me. i'd like mine with 64MB
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

40 bit color! hmmm! unexspected!

seems like an inaccurate rumor to me.
        Why is that so unbelieveable???

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

<i><b>"512-bit 2D graphics core"</i></b> and <i><b>"dual 400 MHz RAMDACs</i></b>

I cross my fingers for these two being for real...

Cheers,
          SB
          <I>"To be or not to be"</I> - Shakespeare<BR><I>"To do is to be"</I> - Socrates<BR><I>"To be is to do"</I> - Sartre<BR><I>"Do be do be do"</I> - Sinatra

Comment

because, I seem to renember haig saying that matrox haven´t looked into higher color precision in that g1000 maxxx thread in the matrox tech-support forum.
            however, reading between lines isn´t something im good at.

it is not unbelievable, but it contradict what i have heard elsewhere.

but please have in mind, that i don´t know more about parhelia than the average murcer, so i could be wrong.

besides i don´t exspect parhelia to be called "G1000".
            Last edited by TdB; 4 May 2002, 11:44.
            This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Looks like someone doesn't know how to honour their NDA

Comment

Were these the same guys that spilled the beans on the G400?
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Apart from 512-bit 2D graphics core , I dont suppose anyone would like to hazard a guess as to what other 2d improvements there might be in Parhelia over the G550.

Another report I read said that the number of pipelines would be 8.

Regards MD
                  Interests include:
                  Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

May I remind you that this is the same guy that said matrox is not seling their own chips (aka like nVidia) a few weeks ago!
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

May I point to the thing Ant just said ? The smiley of course means I can't be too sure, but it seems at least most of this is true then....
                      Or of course Ant could just as well be pulling our leg

Sindre
                      My Specs
                      AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

welcome to the wonderful world of subtle hints
                        i think if Ant was pulling our leg he would have put a there insted of the
                        we will see in 10 days.

Comment

Matrox also claims the support of SurroundGaming - something like 3D images from IMAX cinemas. It seems that a special projector will be needed in this case.

what's this about ? these guys assume everything
                          :::muted:::

Comment

i have no idea if surround gaming is true or not, but it sounds quite matrox to me

Comment

has to do with the dual/triple head

bet this card will be powerfull enough to stretch the game screen to 3 monitors
                              :::muted:::

Comment

Working...
                              X