Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck!

I'm going to take my computer apart to install a chimneyfan!

Wish me luck!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

GL, may the computer gods be with you!

Oboy
    Time to make the wafers!
    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Re: Wish me luck!

Originally posted by Technoid
      I'm going to take my computer apart to install a chimneyfan!

Wish me luck!
      Best wishes but what is a ChimneyFan

MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

ChimneyFan

You cut a hole through the "roof" or top of the computer and then Put a fan there!

It helps air circulation and can on it's own lower the temperature considerly because it lests the hot air out.

Think of it like this:
        Put your hand on top of your computer, if the top is warmer than the sides then a chimney fan might work good!

And even better:
        It might even be enough just to do a hole....

BTW:

It's finished!

I already had the case part done!

So I had only to swap them out!

As it's rather coold today I can't realy check if it's working acordingly to plan!
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

That's how my watercooled case works... except the fans are mounted in the bottom and the top has vents... much much quieter
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

You have Fans on your Bottom

I know it's getting Hot in Florida Butt... ROFL!!!!!!

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Nothing like a nice fan up your arse!!!

Comment

SIGH! (Why does the humor always decent belove the belt???)

Comment

I made my application for l337-ness last month with a fan duct and blowhole (made from a Maplins bass relex port for £2.50) sitting over the CPU fan, so my Thermoengine draws cool air from outside the case. Dropped CPU temps by 3 degrees C at idle and 5-6 degrees C under load. My overclocked Duron resides at a positively frosty 33 C (22 C system temp) at idle.

Give it a try, it might be more effective than a top blow hole.
                  Just be careful to measure, measure and measure again before cutting the hole.
                  I only measured twice, and managed to get the hole out by 10mm, although I think the tank cutter coming apart midway thru might have had something to do with it.
                  Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Doh! I thought you said Chiminea Case Fan.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                      I made my application for l337-ness last month with a fan duct and blowhole (made from a Maplins bass relex port for £2.50) sitting over the CPU fan, so my Thermoengine draws cool air from outside the case. Dropped CPU temps by 3 degrees C at idle and 5-6 degrees C under load. My overclocked Duron resides at a positively frosty 33 C (22 C system temp) at idle.

Give it a try, it might be more effective than a top blow hole.
                      Just be careful to measure, measure and measure again before cutting the hole.
                      I only measured twice, and managed to get the hole out by 10mm, although I think the tank cutter coming apart midway thru might have had something to do with it.
                      I did that a loong time ago:
                      New Case

Comment

Danm!
                        It Sucks Hot air backways through the PSU!!!
                        Have to construct a Duct!
                        Attached Files

Comment

my case is about 41C CPU 52C +10C under load - I think i need some holes
                          hmmmmm

Comment

In that case ( ) I really recomend Dustfilters

Comment

Originally posted by bibble
                              my case is about 41C CPU 52C +10C under load - I think i need some holes
                              You mean your case/system temp is 41c?( ) and your CPU temp is 52C at Idle?

First thing I'd check if I was you was that you were getting an accurate temperature reading from whatever your using to check!
                              11c difference between system and CPU seems about right, but 42c system temp at idle?
                              Either that isnt right or your system is airtight and sitting on top of a radiator!
                              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
                              X