My new toy :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy :)

Well I got my new car today and here it is....a 2002 Ford SVT Focus aka Ford Focus ST170 to our European Readers.

Heres a couple pictures :

And my Old car...anyone interested in buying it?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Scott.. why did you go from a mustang to a focus? im just curious.. the mustang looks great..

not really a mustang fan anymore btw,... just wondering..
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Wow thats all i can say.
      Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

He wants to be a ricer wanna be and pimp out his Focus with low-rider shocks, a huge spoiler and Japanese characters on the back

j/k

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Nice car, the mustang that is. How much you asking??

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Poll: Why did Scott do this seemingly incongruous thing, that is, to trade a Mustang for a Focus?

1. Better gas mileage.
            2. Lower Insurance Rates.
            3. His Woman made him.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
              Poll: Why did Scott do this seemingly incongruous thing, that is, to trade a Mustang for a Focus?

1. Better gas mileage.
              3. His Woman made him.

4-The Mustang was too powerfull for Scott lol

Comment

the focus is a very nice car, we had one as a hire car for our holiday in spain. i know they have a bad reputation in the USA, but in europe they are the best small familay cars around, and the sporty one look and go great!!!
                Dell Inspiron 8200
                Pentium4m 1.6
                640mb pc2100
                64mb gf440go
                15" uxga ultrasharp
                40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Originally posted by Elie

4-The Mustang was too powerfull for Scott lol
                  5- Scott's testicles got caught in a grinder, and he's not man enough for a 'Stang any more

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn

1. Better gas mileage.
                    3. His Woman made him.

Yeah the Focus gets better gas mileage then the Mustang, but right now my insurance stays the Same (NJ Insurance Rates SUCK!), But I'll be shopping around for new company when my Insurance comes up again in the Fall. For number 3...well my GF doesn't really care for the car all that much LOL.

As For the Mustang vs Focus thing and losing my manhood...well its not as bad as you think. I have one of the older 4.6 GTs that only put out 225hp and the Focus puts out 170 in a car thats about 500lbs lighter. Measuring the cars using 1/4 mile times (something the SVT Focus isnt really made for) its only about .5 second slower the the GT I have. Plus the car has won praise from everyone in the auto mag world when it goes up against the Civic, VW Golf and Sentra. Plus I wanted a car that is a bit more practical then the mustang since its the only car I got and driving a mustang in the Snow is VERY Scary

Joel, I'm looking for 10K or B/O for the 98 Mustang-its a stick, fully loaded, new tires with about 80K on the clock.

Scott

Comment

Ahh the Focus SVT... is that the car that has had a few recalls even before it was actually being sold? Well if Ford can't get it right, there's always a Dodge Neon (american readers don't laugh) SRT-4 coming... 2.4-liter DOHC turbo boosted inline four producing 205 horses...

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

1. Better mileage - yeah, can't argue there.

2. Lower insurance - only because the mustang is a "sports car". The Focus isn't particularly safe. In fact, the only car I'd consider LESS safe is... the NEON!

3. No woman would force a man to buy a Ford Focus.

----------------

That said, please be aware Impact - the Dodge Neon has the inverse safety ratio from my car.

Does that statement make you curious?

In the Volvo 960, in multi-vehicle collisions at high speed (60mph+), nobody has ever died.

In the Dodge Neon, in multi-vehicle collisions at high speed (60mph+), nobody has ever lived.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Bah, should have just saved up and imported a Skyline
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

mhmmm skyline... isn't that a bit expensive (NZ guys shut up! I hate you and you jap. car prices!)

As for the volvo, it's safe and fugly. Perhaps when I get older, I'll appreciate Volvos more, but now... I'll never be caught driving one. Their invincible on the road, because they're basically big chunks of steel on wheels.
                            Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin

5- Scott's testicles got caught in a grinder, and he's not man enough for a 'Stang any more

Hey I wouldnt consider your Stratus to be a "mans" vechicle either
                              Last edited by GT98; 4 May 2002, 12:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X