Vaporware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaporware.

It's amazing. Matrox has not announced the specs of it's next product even though those in the know have said that there is a new product coming, yet it is considered vaporware. 3Dlabs and nVidia announces specs to chips that noone has seen yet and it probably won't be available for another 6 months to a year and they are considered the next best thing to sliced bread.

In the words of Rodney Dangerfield. "I get no respect.".

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

thats becuase peple still renembers the G800 rumors, and looks at matrox as if they were bitboys.
    and when people think of matrox, they think of great 2d and slow 3d, in other words a company incapable of fast 3d.

matrox can show displacement mapping demos all they want, and most people will think,"it most be emulated in software, because matrox donĀ“t have money enough to make it real".

perhaps disbelievers will change their minds in a couple of weeks.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

They will.

Joel

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

Congratulations Joel,

Only a true believer (I ain't one yet) could be so utterly confused by the public's general reactions to rumors of the Parhella. You have demonstrated a great ability to be blind to how people work and see the future.

Move to the top of the class
        80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

I can't wait to see you eat HAT... Oh screw that... I'm gonna shove it down your throat piss ass
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

<FONT SIZE=4>... Say Umf !!!!<SUP>tm</SUP>...as you take that Hat Supository...
            <FONT SIZE=1><SUP>tm</SUP> courtesy of ALBPM aka Darth Mahl [MU] and Umfriend<FONT SIZE=2>
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I don't really care how many mushroomheads don't believe.. when it comes out im getting one.. if they choose not to appreciate and would prefer to argue.. screw em.. I don't have any inclination to be a missionary into the barbary lands.

Comment

Preach on Father Joel!!!!!

<FONT SIZE=4>... Say Umf !!!!<SUP>tm</SUP>...as you take that Hat Supository...
                <FONT SIZE=1><SUP>tm</SUP> courtesy of ALBPM aka Darth Mahl [MU] and Umfriend<FONT SIZE=2>
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hat makers around the world will be happy. All them eaten hats!

Oboy I like the bunny, its keeps going and going!
                  Time to make the wafers!
                  Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                  jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Congratulations Joel,

Only a true believer (I ain't one yet) could be so utterly confused by the public's general reactions to rumors of the Parhella. You have demonstrated a great ability to be blind to how people work and see the future.

Move to the top of the class

PS. I havn't eaten my hat yep
                    Just for prosperity thought I'd save it
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Oh please!!!! I don't beleive I have explain this. (as to the reason for my last post)

The reason people don't in general believe the rumors is the simple, two word sentance, "Public relations", or lack thereof. Over the last 3 years ATI and Nvidia have built a reputation of doing what they say (and in general stating their future plans), while matrox has stayed hushed the entire time, not telling anyone what they were doing while putting out a front as only being focused on low 3d business cards.

In partitular, by not announcing any future plans at all, matrox leaves a huge black hole that other people fill by making crazy claims and rumors. Especially after the G800 disaster (It was a disaster), these rumors are easily discounted. On the other hand, nvidia releases enough reliable information that rampant rumoring isn't a problem, and people can believe what they say.

While it is debatable whether good public relations actually make any difference to end sales, Matrox's public relations are terrible. They could stand to learn a heck of a lot from both ATI and Nvidia.

As for the Parhella, does it exist? No-one really knows (plenty seem to believe though), and those that do, can't talk. Matrox themselves have said nothing about it.

BTW, as I said before, I will be happy to eat my hat WHEN this Parhella card turns up, but not before.

Comment

You don't need to do that

Originally posted by Greebe

Just for prosperity thought I'd save it
                        I never delete posts, even if I do put my foot in my mouth

Comment

@rugger... it took you like 40 some odd minutes to come up the streak of brilliance?! LOL

You've even gotten under Ant's skin with your retoric lately... either shit or get... but don't forget the HAT

Comment

Hey rugger,

Like I said before, I hope you're man enough to admit that you were wrong when the time comes. And man enough to aplogize for all the nasty things you have said to me. Or are you going to turn tail and run home to mama like the little schoolboy that you have proven yourself to be?

You seem like the type of person who would not believe me when I tell you that a truck is coming because it hasn't hit you yet.

Joel

PS: If I didn't know better I would think that you are getting pissed off because you are starting to realize that you recently wasted $400.00. Even if you didn't it is really going to be a bitch when other people do realize that they have.

PSS: I think my sig says it all.

www.lp.org

Comment

I can't beleive you guys

I can't see why you guys get so pissed off. I answered Joels question, despite it being a silly question that virtually answers itself. And in case you didn't get it, I will sum it up here,

Nobody believes the rumors because matrox never says what they are doing, while its competors are far more revealing.

And greebe:

1) I don't spend all day waiting for a thread to be replied to, I go off to view other threads in the meantime, meaning that I may not get back to a particular thread for a while.

2) Expressing ideas is never easy.

I think you need to go sit under a tree for a while and get some fresh air Grebee. Matrox is a company. It doesn't pretend to have the answers for life, it only exists to futher the will of its owners.

Comment

Working...
                              X