RAID array disappeared???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID array disappeared???

I updated the BIOS and the drivers to the latest and now the drive doesn't show up. It is in device manager and seems to think that it is there. I also ran the FT Utility and it sees the drives. Any ideas? I even rebuit the array a couple of times.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

There should be a setting to RESET CONFIGURATION DATA in your BIOS. When you say YES to this it will reboot and take a NEW snapshot of your perifials(sp) and then come back up DISABLED.

I had to use this with my Fasttrak to get the BIOS to see it once before.

Good Luck,

Ted
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Hi Ted

I'm afraid that my suggestion is not of much practicle use but it sure as hell makes you feel a lot better.

I suggest that you adopt the "dirty big bloody hammer approach" and see if that rectifies your problem.

regards

Pooh
      ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Comment

Maybe you need to assign a drive letter to the array again?

Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Manage", then choose storage/disk management. Find the array in the list, right click on it and choose "Change Drive Letter and Path". Now click "Add" - the rest is obvious.

I have a similar problem sometimes when inserting a caddy drive for the first time after re-installing Win2k.

Hope the helps.

Rob.

Comment

Thanks a lot Rob!

That was it, I am formatting it right now. I was pretty stumped there. Hopefully it will reconnect after I reboot.
          WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Glad you're sorted now...

Comment

Working...
            X