Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update - Marvel G400-TV Card and Windows XP

Hi all,

Thought I would drop a line and update everyone on my success with the Marvel G400-tv card and Windows XP using the drivers I indicated in my first post with Ulead Media Studio 6.0 (See original message below).

It has been more than one month and EVERTHING IS WORKING GREAT!

I have been emailed numerous times from others who have also shared the same success with the drivers and software...terrific news!! I would like to mention, however, that I tried upgrading to Ulead Media Studio 6.5 and my video capture FAILED. I went back to version 6.0 and video capture/editing worked perfectly again. For some reason, Ulead Media Studio 6.5 does not capture - or in some cases - recognize the G400-TV card.

Here are some other products I am using to capture or edit video:

Sonic Foundry Vegas Video - Awesome Video Editing program (Video Capture does not work with the Marvel G400-TV card)
    Ulead DVD Movie Factory
    Ulead DVD Workshop
    Ulead VideoStudio

I capture video using Ulead Media Studio 6. I then convert the AVI files to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 using Vegas Video; once I have working MPEG files, I delete the AVI files to save hard drive space. (For some reason, if I convert the AVI files using Ulead Media Studio, Vegas Video doesn't recognize the MPEG format).

Once I complete an entire video sequence using Vegas Video, I output it to SVCD MPEG-2 for high quality, then convert it to VCD MPEG-1 using Ulead Media Studio; this ensures I have a copy in SVCD and a copy in VCD format. I then burn the video to DVD using Ulead DVD Movie Factory or Ulead DVD Workshop. I have burned two perfect DVDs (VCDs) thus far!

Does all this sound complicated? maybe a little bit - but I've produced quality video/audio; not to mention that I love the functionality and ease of use of Vegas Video (try it for video editing if you aren't using it already)!

Cheers everyone!

TVeith

----------------------------------------

Hello all!

I've had a success this evening that is worth celebrating! Similar to many of you, I've been frustrated for months now over this whole video capture issue using my G400 TV card and Windows XP.

As many of you have done, I've maintained a dual-boot 98SE and XP machine and performed all of my video capturing in 98SE as video capture and MJPEG support is non-existant on XP.

Well, tonight I played around with some different drivers and video tool combinations and managed to find one that actually worked flawlessly!

I'm using the Windows 2000/XP driver ver. 5.82.18.0 and the Windows 2000 Video Tools ver. 2.10.010a. Both driver sets are available on the matrox site under Windows 2000 drivers for the Marvel G450 eTV card.

Strangely enough, when I went to run the PC-VCR program the first time, it game me an error. When I clicked OK, it allowed me to proceed and set up my tv channels. When I exited and restarted the program, the error went away on its own.

I then loaded up ULEAD MediaStudio 6.0 and launched Video Capture. I successfully captured more than 55,000 frames and only dropped 1 FRAME!!! I repeated this capture several times and was successful each time. The video played back flawlessly without any lines or static.

Don't know if this will work for you, but it worked for me. Thought I'd share my success - I'll be removing win98se from my system now and opening a bottle of champagne to celebrate.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info, tveith. Are you using your Vegas Video MPEG-2's in DVD Workshop, and, if so, how is that working out?

I have Vegas, but I'm still teetering on getting DVD Workshop. I've been hearing that DVD Workshop has a good encoder, but, with Vegas, the MainConcept MPEG-2 results are excellent. Plus many people continue to report that nothing beats TMPGEnc for making DVD-compliant MPEG-2. I just want to make sure DVD Workshop is compatible with properly made MPEG-2 from a variety of sources. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi There!

Yes I am using my Vegas Video MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 video in Ulead DVD Workshop and Ulead DVD Movie Factory and all has worked fine. I can't figure out why video generated by MediaStudio doesn't work in Video Vegas but thems the breaks I guess!

I actually prefer DVD Movie Factory over Workshop just because of ease of use - however, I must say I probably haven't dedicated enough time in getting used to Workshop...

Take care

TVeith

Comment

Working...
      X