X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV audio stutters in Media Player

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick call for help.

For the last week Media Player (6.4 and XP) gives me audio stutters on playback (video is smooth). It’s kinda weird because if I play from the timeline in MSP6.5 with Instant Play the audio is fine, but if Instant Play is deselected I get the audio stuttering back. (Playback to Monitor only – to camera is fine).
    Audio stuttering happens in source window as well.
    Also only DV Type 1 files have this audio stutter, DV2 files (captured with AVI_IO) are fine!?

It’s just slightly annoying, because if I want to have a quick scan through DV files, Media Player or source window are the things I use.

Everything was fine before – I’ve recently got XP drivers for my soundcard, but they were OK for about a week before this audio problem started so I’m not necessarily blaming them.

Is there anything obvious that I should do – I’ve tried reinstalling MSPro, but to no avail?

My only other option is to do a repair on XP (could DX8.1 have become corrupt?). Back in the old days you could, with 98, just bung in your disc and reinstall over the top without losing any programs or settings – is this the same with the “R” option for XP or does it completely reinstall everything?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Nick

I’m dual booting 98se/XP and DV files in 98 play back fine.
    P3 850. 512 Ram etc…
Working...
X