Don’t you have a used one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t you have a used one?

I overheard this conversation between are seller and a customer last week.

Customer: How much is a printer cable?
    Salesperson: The 5 feet cable is 9$.
    C: Don’t you have a used one?
    S: Eh…No.

The above Conversation is not unusual, customers almost always asks if there is a used one they can buy…..
    Seems that the Brain-dead computer magazines are encouraging people to do it.

We have a couple of dead motherboards with components (also dead ones) on display!
    That is because we like to be able to show the customer how a PCI port look like and etc..
    And usually I have to tell people that they are broke and don’t work!
    They don’t seem to be able to grasp the fact that if the components were working they would never be without a protective anti static bag…

C: How much do this cost?
    Customer holding up a dead motherboard with an electrocuted 16mb sdram and molten amd athlon 1400!
    Me: It’s not for sale; it’s for showing how the different components look like.
    C: aww, to bad!
    C: Are you sure its broken?, I bet I can fix it, How much do you want for it?
    Me: (Sigh!) 10 000$
    C: your joking! He said and gratefully changed the topic
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Me: (Sigh!) 10 000$
    LOL
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Next time tell them no, but mention that you have a really interesting assortment of recycled underwear, condoms, toothbrushes and toilet paper in the back room.

Comment

My used computer equipment is always someone elses big upgrade Selling the old stuff really cuts down on the cost of upgrading.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
          Next time tell them no, but mention that you have a really interesting assortment of recycled underwear, condoms, toothbrushes and toilet paper in the back room.
          Always a great idea to pick up a used condom! (it's the only smilie that looks like it's about to barf)
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Tempest:

The seller said that he was going to say something along those lines next time

Jammrock:

I haven't said that it was anything wrong with used computer parts,
            But we don't sell separate used parts...

A whole used computer is a whole different story
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
            X