I need appcompat.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need appcompat.exe

Sure, it's located at \support\apcompat.exe on your Win2K install CD.

AlgoRhythm

I need appcompat.exe

Can someone help me get appcompat.exe for win2k? I don't have it. Need it for a Studio DV Win2k install.

Thanks
    techman2@techpointer.com
    Techman2 Dual Celery 366@458 marvel g400 64 meg 20 gig scsi CDR and 5 disk changer sb16 audio win 98 and win 2k

Comment

Thanks.
      Techman2 Dual Celery 366@458 marvel g400 64 meg 20 gig scsi CDR and 5 disk changer sb16 audio win 98 and win 2k

Comment

Is there really on ly 1 p or two in apcompat.exe?

Comment

Is Studio DV a Pinnacle product, and if so, does it explicitly tell you that it won't install under Win2K when you try it?

I ask because my Studio DC10Plus is this way (shoulda bought the RRG, I know- but I am wary, since I plan to replace my G400 in the near future) and I'm looking for a work-around until Pinnacle comes to their senses and makes a Win2K driver for the card.

------------------
          Ace
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I probably should also explain that this makes me wary of the RRG because I've read somewhere in these forums that future Matrox cards won't support the RRG. So I bought a video adapter independent capture card instead (and miss out on the tuner, breakout box, etc., just to get the ability to use any video card).

------------------
            Ace
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Yes it is a pinnacle product and it does say that it will not install on NT. It is verified that you can install it and it does function correctly using apcompat to get past the setup glitch.

The program is really nice. I make content that has tons of titles and voice overs and it is by far the slickest system I have found.

I have tried, premiere, MSP 6, Edit DV, Assemble Dv etc, and nothing works as well. It has problems, but for what I do it smokes. I also save often, so a random crash doesn't phase me anymore...

The current patch, 1.05 has support for win2k, so maybe pinnacle is moving to support 2k now.

Sure is great to finally have all of my ducks in a row. Thanks for all of your help.

Mike

[This message has been edited by techman2 (edited 22 May 2000).]

Comment

Good grief! It is a file 6k in size!?!

[This message has been edited by techman2 (edited 22 May 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X