Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the end of the Simpsons ?

Quotes from the article:
    The creator of The Simpsons has dropped the first hint that the hit cartoon series may soon be coming to an end.

"When any character is as stupid as Homer Simpson, it's hard to keep surprising the audience."

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Hopefully Futurama doesn't die with it. That show is seriously funny!

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

It's already been announced that Futerama is history after this season...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Fox seem to be prone to cancelling good shows.

I'm pretty sure it was Fox who cancelled "Space, Above and Beyond" within a single season.
        That show was great!
        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Actually, Futurama was not yet cancelled. Fox just didn't pre-order new episodes because they still have a lot of unaired ones (guess why? grrr...). They may actually order more episodes next year, after they are done airing all that they have now. But that means the new episodes will have to be done by a different team of animators as the current team is being moved to another projects.
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

now everyone sing: we'll never stop the simpsooons. have no fears, we got stories for years.
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

The Simpsons started going downhill the day Conan O'Brian left as a writer for his own gig. What's that show called again? Used to have Letterman hosting it.

Kevin

Comment

i thought Conan O'Brian got his own show (new). hasnt Dave always just been the host of the late show with david letterman?
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Simpsons didn't start going downhill until the past couple years IMO. Conan took over Dave's old time slot on NBC (Late Night with Conan O'Brien).

Whenever Simpsons goes off the air then the movies will come

Even when the show is cancelled we'll still be able to see all the great eps in syndication.

They should move Futurama to a better time slot, if it does get bought again. Fox hasn't given Futurama any help to get the ratings up (when was the last time you saw Futurama advertised?). They also keep telling them to tune down the show, basically Fox doesn't understand anything about the show. At this point in time I think Futurama episodes are much funnier than new Simpsons, so it'll be sad if we don't get any more new Futurama.
                  Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                  Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

interesting interview with Matt Groening in the FT yesterday (for all you UK people - might be on [A HREF=http://www.ft.com/]FT.com[/A] - saying similar things - looks like every penny will be drained out of the Simpsons (perhaps a movie?), and futurama is getting bu99er all support - I quite like it as it happens...

gnep
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

oh well... looks like the "swapping a < for a [" trick didn't work in the quick reply... worth a try though.

Apparently in an upcoming Simpsons series they take the pi$$ out of global capitalism et al. Just the thing for a May 1st in London!

gnep
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Speaking of Fox's habit of canceling great shows, let us not forget Family Guy, one of my favorite shows of all time, right up there with Eek the Cat.

Comment

Family Guy was brilliant!

Brian : "Peter, you're a terrible liar."
                          *flashback, Peter in a lift with one other guy*
                          Other guy : *Sniff sniff*
                          Peter : "Uuuuuh, it was you!"
                          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

i loved family guy gotta praise the internet, else i would have never enjoyed them fine episodes.
                            Last edited by thop; 2 May 2002, 12:08.
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                              i loved family guy gotta praise the internet, else i would have never enjoyed them fine episodes.
                              Same for me

Family Guy is great.
                              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
                              X