News from the distant past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from the distant past

I was going through my bookmarks, clearing out the old rubbish, and I came across this:

In a more nebulous statement, the rep said, "Remember when G400 MAX first came out, and it was fastest thing and looked best? We are doing that again in first half 2002. We will be kings of 3D again, until someone jumps past us again. You know how 3D is." Sounds like G1000 will be a kicker next spring. Here's hoping Matrox can field a six-month cycle and get back in the game.

That was posted at 03:09 am, April 20, 2001

Over a year ago!

Ali

I remember the article. At the time I was going through the pangs of the G800. I had waited long enough for it and wasnt interested in being fobbed off with 'the next generation card'. Well here we are, a year later, the G800 passed us by and low and behold we wait tentatively for Parhelia.

If anyone deserves the best kick ass card on this planet, its us Murcers. We have been patient enough

Regards MD

As an aside, if the G550 came with 128bit ddr I would have probably bought it.
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Originally posted by mdhome
      If anyone deserves the best kick ass card on this planet, its us Murcers. We have been patient enough
      Amen !

MK
      <font size="1">
      Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
      ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
      Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
      2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
      256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
      Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
      ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
      Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
      Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
      Plustek Optic Pro U12B
      HP Deskjet 959C
      Plantronics LS1 Headset
      all on W2k Professional SP2
      </font>

Comment

Virtual Echoes.......LOL

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

a m e n
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by mdhome

the most accurate statement i have seen on these boards.
            OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

More accurate than all the pahelia rumours?

Ciao

Comment

Originally posted by GinoCyber
                More accurate than all the pahelia rumours?

Ciao
                nice try
                OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Re: News from the distant past

Originally posted by Ali
                  Here's hoping Matrox can field a six-month cycle and get back in the game.

Ali
                  I say screw a six-month cycle personally. My G400 max lasted about a year and a half in my main box, and will live on for a very long time in my secondary. I would prefer M take their time and create a quality product every 2 years or so.

Comment

Mine's still in my main box!
                    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                    Gainward Ti4600
                    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I dont want a 6 month cycle, that was a quote from the link.

I have a G400 in my main machine at home again now. I had a RadeonLE for about 3 months while I was waiting for the G800, but decided the G550 wasnt worth the money to me. If it did have a 128bit bus, I would have looked at it more.

I think 1 year between tweaks is a good idea. It all depends on what the software is doing. If the software world goes through a burst of speed, and your G-card cant keep up, then I would like to be able to upgrade. If the games/apps continue growing in complexity at the current rate, there is no need for the 6 month cycle.

Ali

Comment

Matrox's 3 year cycle is running just fine.

Comment

1 year will become the norm-
                          I'm with the ugly guy below me

(It's amazing how many threads I kill with that line )

Comment

I'll go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake-Eyes
                              Mine's still in my main box!
                              again

excuse my being nit-picky

AZ
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X