Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Piece of Information Re Parhelia (No Video Capture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Piece of Information Re Parhelia (No Video Capture)

Another piece of information. For those of you interested in video capture, I guess there won't be any in the Parhelia:

sthayashi
    posted April 29, 2002 03:27 PM

Haig, Ever since I upgraded my motherboard, I had to keep one of my PCI cards out, and that turned out to be my Rainbow Runner G-series. Will the new G1000 have something like eTV capabilites or even capture hardware? I miss being able to record my shows

Haig
    posted April 29, 2002 04:39 PM

Hi sthayashi,

Unfortunately, we currently have no plans on anymore capture cards coming from MGI.

------------------
    Haig
    Matrox Graphics
    Technical Support Manager
    Homebuilt Intel P3 933 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, ASUS CUSL2-C MB, 400w TruePower Antec PS, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, WD 160 Gb Spec Ed HD, Yamaha 20x10x40 SCSI Rewritable, Toshiba 12x DVD, Parhelia 128 (replaced a G400MAX), Win XP Pro SP1 w/latest patches

Hello pgde
    I have a feeling that Matrox/Haig announced this about MGI capture cards a few months ago.

Regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

It has been mentioned several times that we won't be seeing Marvel or eTV like cards... maybe something something like a successor to the RT2500 but not a low end capture card.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

See Dr. Mordrid's signature...
        System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

For what?
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You took the words right out of my mouth Rob
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Could be this....

<b>Matrox G400 + (classified) </b>

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                It has been mentioned several times that we won't be seeing Marvel or eTV like cards... maybe something something like a successor to the RT2500 but not a low end capture card.
                Yep! Now for eTV like products you should look ay Matrox Video Product Group (VPG). Like I already said, VPG uses MGA's chips in their products. RT2000 has a separate modified G400 to render its real-time 3D effects. The RT2500 has the chip directly on its board. New professional products also have MGA's chips on their boards.

----
                Phwanky

Comment

hmmm....

Just so I am clear, I realize not to expect tv tuner features but you are syaing there won't be any kind of video in on the card at all? Maybe firewire? What are my options if no video in? I like to capture video once in a while but not enough for me to want to buy the RT series.

Dave
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I don't have further information about future Matrox VPG products. Maybe they will continue where MGA were. (concerning eTV products) But it's purely speculative.

----
                    Phwanky

Comment

Re: hmmm....

Originally posted by Helevitia
                      What are my options if no video in?
                      Hauppauge WinTV.
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                        Could be this....

<b>Matrox G400 + (classified) </b>
                        Oh no! The PCI version of parhelia

Regards MD
                        Interests include:
                        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

No...no PCI version of Parhelia. This one is a whole other can of worms for some other company than NVIDIA.

As far as TV tuners go...

How about sending cable box/DVD to an SVHS decks S-Video inputs which it then passes through to a capture cards S-Video port?

This is how I get TV into my RT-2000 etc. and it works GREAT. A side benefit is that the SVHS decks often have a time base corrector, so any anomalous synch pulses are corrected on the way through. This reduces dropped frames by a lot.

This works better than an onboard tuner because the cable box makes it so I can capture off premium channels

Dr. Mordrid
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 April 2002, 12:26.
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You know, Dr., I still would like to buy you a cup of coffee and chat about hardware.

You wanna bring your 4year old over my way for a play date with my 4 year old son?

Dr. Moreau
                            System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Originally posted by Ant (in his sig)
                              Something wicked this way comes...
                              That was written on the box for a particular Kyro II board...
                              <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

Working...
                              X