Vegetable Roadtrip Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetable Roadtrip Contest

I've been searching for scholarships online and i just came across this one.. and i was getting so discouraged until now.

Vegetable Roadtrip Contest - Up to $3,000!
    HairToToes.com

Award Amount
    $300-$3000

Deadline Date
    August 31, 2002

Awards Available

Description
    The Vegetable Roadtrip Contest is open to people worldwide who are at least 13 years of age. You must write an essay of no more than 300 words about what vegetable you think is best to take on a road trip. Some of the questions you may answer in your essay include: Is it easy to prepare? Does it retain much of its nutrients? Does it still have "yummy good taste" after being in the car? How would you store it? What's the appeal of that particular vegetable for your trip?
    www.lizziemorrison.com

hmm...no fruit

I'll bite, what vegie would you find essential for a roadtrip

Comment

moi? ermmmm.... mushrooms of course
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

My choice would be beetroot. Easy to store, keeps well, and can be eaten any time. And is delicious too :-)

Althought the preparing part for beetroots sucks
        80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

are fungi vegetables? some varieties certainly would be a lot of fun on a long trip.
          I guess beans are out , how about kava kava

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
            are fungi vegetables? some varieties certainly would be a lot of fun on a long trip.
            I guess beans are out , how about kava kava
            mushrooms are a veggie
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Pardon mawh, but mushrooms are most certainly not vegitables... they completely lack chlorophyll and vascular tissues
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Mushrooms are good,
                I'm glad they'er among us.
                But vegetables they're not,
                they're only a......
                chuck
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

i know i know.. i always get busted
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

what vegetable you think is best to take on a road trip
                    Pick me, pick me

Strange, the "if I were to be stranded on a deserted island, what vegetable would I want with me" question has never gotten any thought from me... These are the kinds of things that you don't come to think about until it's too late. Bet I can't sleep tonight.

So just go for it, and if you have motivational problems just think about how COOL "winner of www.hairtotoes.com's Vegetable Roadtrip Contest 2002" will look on your resume

Comment

i thought about doing it for about 5 seconds but the thought left me when i realized i really wouldnt want to write an essay about a vegetable.
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

ps. much better temp.. luv the bunny

lol. years from now all the ppl that actually stuck around will be havin dinner together telling stories.. and somebody will say "Remember that year that everyone decided to change their avatars to parphelia and bunnies?" hehe...... (i really do like the bunny tempest, that wasnt anything directed at you as me being a smart ass)
                        Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 30 April 2002, 15:44.
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                        X