Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode II soundtrack

The damn thing is Copy Protected

Well, at least in the UK it is. Anyone anywhere else noticed a little 'this cd will not play on PC's or MAC's' label in their local CD shop?

Not pleased at all

Uberlad
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Rip it using a Liteon burner. Problem solved.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
      Rip it using a Liteon burner. Problem solved.

- Gurm
      Wont that just copy it and the protection/anti-pc stuff too?

Unless you mean rip it to MP3 or CDA
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

"Trying to make bits uncopyable is like trying to make water not wet"

You can always rip the cd (with the right software) and make a backup.
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Imagine for a minute that I am feeling lazy / stupid, have a Yamaha 2100S burner, and limitless net access. Where might I find such a program? I spose it'll depend on the copy protection used.

I@ll stop being lazy and have a look when I get home.

Uberlad

Comment

Maybe this one http://www.elby.org/CloneCD/english/
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

How about getting a consumer cd player with digital out, a sound card with digital in, and MS Sound Recorder? If that doesn't work, analog out is probably clear enough for most people. Basically, if I can hear it, I can record it.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

All Clear! My housemate bought it and it turns out my Pioneer DVD305S can read it just peachy. Top mp3's are mine.

I shall buy it next pay day. 8-)

Uberlad

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
                  Maybe this one http://www.elby.org/CloneCD/english/
                  CloneCD is a very good software, i recomand it. Use it with my Plextor SCSI CD-RW

Comment

Another usefull site while working with clonecd is http://www.clonecd.net/ it contains links to beta versions of clonecd, clonyxl, some Faqs and a forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X