Dropping the Distributed processing projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping the Distributed processing projects

Am quitting for now. May get enthused again in future. Who's to say.

Guyver
    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
    - 6.1 Digital Audio
    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
    - LS120 IDE Floppy
    - Zip 100 IDE
    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
    - NEC FE950
    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Sorry to here it Guyver. You'll be missed. I understand where you're coming from though
    Pete

Comment

Well, good luck out there in the real world

Sad to see the competition disappear, and sad to see your output disappear too

But hey, whatever, I too know where you're coming from, been there myself with Seti.

We'll be waiting for your enthused return...

PS Speaking of team output; anyone know exactly what happened to Sisyfos?
      Why would I send my pants to New Jersey?

Comment

I hope you'll be back, thats how I got to the top of the seti list, everyone above me stoped or reduced their output

I'm in a bit of a gemome downer at the moment as the next working user has *2 my units, it seems so far away

breezer
        Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

Not heard from Kim in a while. Guru, did you ever try to get in touch?
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by Pace
            Not heard from Kim in a while. Guru, did you ever try to get in touch?
            E-mailed him but got no reply!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru
              Did you try PMing him in the Anand forums? ,he has an account there you know.Don't know if he has PM enabled though

Btw I've never understood this quitting thing ,hope I never do!

2.5+yrs of SETI & counting
              Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42
              2nd rig - E5200 @3.73 GHz, GTX 260 c216, 4GB DDR2, Win XP, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

I apologize if I'm disapointing anyone here, but life has changed somewhat with the recent wedding, and all.

But for the most part, it's just the 200+ dollar a month electric bill and the constant drone of the A/C this spring trying to keep the apartment below 86F. That's right - 86F in the spring with the A/C set at 68. We've had the apt. staff check it out, and they say it's working right - but .... Too many BTU's cranking off of almost 8Ghz of processing power in one room... I've had to shut most of them down, and am now powering them up individually if needed.

If and when we can get a doss of our own, I will be rebuilding the fleet, as for now, I am parting out what I can and collecting funds for the next generation...

BTW - Can't wait to hear some REAL news on the new Matrox card.

Guyver
                Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                - 6.1 Digital Audio
                - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                - LS120 IDE Floppy
                - Zip 100 IDE
                - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                - NEC FE950
                - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Ah ,now that I understand ,$200/mth is a hefty electric bill!

Why not just do what most of us do? ,just have 1 or 2 machines going?.Not so noisey either

Btw ,what's this about a new Matrox card? ,is it gonna be competitive in the 3D market this time? (unlike the 450 etc )
                  Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42
                  2nd rig - E5200 @3.73 GHz, GTX 260 c216, 4GB DDR2, Win XP, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

Hello
                    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
                    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Who the hell are you
                      Why would I send my pants to New Jersey?

Comment

Go kväll var har man hållit hus?
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Uhm, I've been fighting a depression since last september.
                          So most of my energy was spent keeping my job and come to terms with life

Kim
                          Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

You mean there is life outside of the M.U.R.C? And all of us in here are living in a false reality?

Comment

Or vice versa
                              Either way, I chose the "other" reality for a while.

...almost
                              Look at this: http://www.teamlambchop.com/bench/303results.htm

Kim

Comment

Working...
                              X