I have been on the forums for two years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been on the forums for two years

Yesterday was my two year mark being on MURC.

I have no particular reason for posting this so move along. Nothing to see here.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

UH OH! Now you've done it!

I've been on MURC for a bunch of years also, but I think my account got deleted cause I had a year of inactivity. (college + drinking)
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Hmm... not sure how long I've been around here.

[edit]
      Ah, too long it seems! I think I came here orginally when my G200 crapped out, ended up having to RMA it. I vowed never to buy a Matrox card ever again from that experience, and now I've got a G400 MAX and am waiting on whatever card they're working on now.
      [/edit]
      Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 27 April 2002, 08:32.

Comment

I think I stumbled on here my first year of college (3 or 4 years ago?) back when the G200 was smoken hot.

Bought the card, next week orderd the extra memory module, the played with the pins... now I have a Matrox Millenium II in my work machine and I wouldn't trade it for the world... hell that card will play Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone in D3D mode at decent framerates.

Now I just have to convince myself that getting the new P in stock when it comes out is a good business move. (Then I can take it home to improve after hours productivity)
        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Let's see now. You can ignore whatever my profile says about when I joined this forum. I recommended my friend to buy a Quantex P-Pro system with a Millennium in it (2064G or something) in 1996. In 1998 I bought my first personal Matrox card a G200, after having bought one for my cousin earlier that year. I joined this forum in 1999 after a brief period of lurking. I remember G200.com and the other sites too
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Denty is that a parhelia commin out your ear?
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Denty is that a parhelia commin out your ear?

LOL!

gnep
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

its been ages
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Re: I have been on the forums for two years

So you actually memorized the date just to throw this cheesy party and drink a lot?

If so, count me in.

edit:

another edit: and to think that only three months separate me from a mod (Greebe)... Damn! Where's my Delorean... must... change... the... past... argh!
                  Last edited by impact; 28 April 2002, 12:02.
                  Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I remeber that the forums were trached at some point in 99 and that all either had to reregister or was automagicaly so..(I adamantaly remember finding the forum at GA as it was listed togetther with other forums
                    )
                    Could some with better memmory than I clarify?
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Call me crazy Impact, but I don't think you'd have been a MURCer mod.

Yes, the forums have taken at least two big crashes, although one of them didn't get everybody.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What I meant by that is: if I had registered myself @murc three months earlier (or four, just to be safe), today I could have claimed that I've been here longer than a moderator.

Getting modship (if that's not a word already, I hereby (c) it.) after a preset amount of time would suck anyways. It would turn good people into bad ones, and bad people to pure evil - that's what modship does to people.
                        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I started back when I first got my G200. The forums where run by Flangor, off his M-Factor site, which was hosted by MURC.
                          There was one big crash where about 1/4 of the users had to re-register, and one major software change that forced everyone to re-register (which is why most old timers show the same registration date...the day the software was changed...)
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

i cam here in the first days of the G400. my memory is a bit fuzzy but i think that the forums were hacked because someone exploited an UBB bug or sth. and shortly after, i left (also because i got myself a nvidia). the worst thing is i cannot remembrer my old account name anymore
                            but somewhen i wasn't into gaming anymore, put my g400 back into my comp and came back
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I do believe I started posting a little after Kruzin started....it's been a long time...that I do know

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X