Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Matrox Mystique as secondary vid card

Hi

I have just put a Matrox Mystique in my PC as a secondary video card and it seems to do the job. Primary card is Geforce2 Ti.

It all works fine, except it would be nice to play movies on the smaller monitor while I work on the bigger, better one. Only problem seems to be that DivX movies won't play on the matrox card. I thought it was a DirectX issue, but mpeg1 and asf movies work fine. It's just DivX that doesn;t work - works fine on other vid card/monitor.

Any thoughts? I could change the Matrox card for an S3 Virge or Cirrus Logic 5446 if that would make a difference.

Thanks
    Rob

Even though this doesn't help you at all... just had to say I think your avatar is great
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

What OS are you using?, I am using winxp with a geforce ddr and a mystique,

I can play dix wihout problems

what player/codec do you use?

s3 Virge's have no driver support for winxp, and the cirrus is not much better, stick with the mystique

Comment

Cheers for the reply, Marshmallowman.

Zoom player plays the sound only, Microdvd player won't play it at all, and Windows Media Player gives an error: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection. While the message is up, the audio plays.

I'm not too sure what version of DivX it is encoded in.

I am using the Microsoft drivers for the gfx card - would it help to get the matrox ones?

Cheers
        Rob

Comment

I use divx 4.12 from divx.com with it installed I can play divx movies on either display by using mediaplayer(default XP version) or "the playa".

I use the latest (and final) mystique drivers from matrox, defintely worth installing.

does divx work on your main display?
          Last edited by Marshmallowman; 29 April 2002, 19:07.

Comment

Yeah, DivX works fine on my Geforce video card. I can open a movie on the main card - works fine. Drag it to the other screen - get just sound.

I'll try the latest matrox drivers and post back the results tonite.

Cheers
            Rob

Comment

OK - latest matrox drivers installed.

No change - divx won't play. Also tried MPEG2 - SVCD. That gives no picture, either.

Hmmmm.

Really smacks of directx to me - perhaps mpeg1 doesn't use any directx code?

Comment

hmm...weird what OS are you using, if its win2k or earlier it may be worth reinstalling directx 8.1

does sound like a drirectx /direct show problem...

aaahhh...I have another idea, what is the colour depth of you mystique, I have mine set to 32bit I think(will check tonight)

hmm try setting the colour depth the same on both displays, the player might not be able to deal with change when you go from one display to the other

Comment

Working...
                X