Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Interesting Parhelia Quote From Haig (Drivers for Parhelia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Interesting Parhelia Quote From Haig (Drivers for Parhelia)

Obviously the annoucement date is getting close:

Original Question from Robin B:
    posted April 26, 2002 03:37 PM

It`s the drivers and hardware working allright or have you fond bugs that will delay the anouncement on the new card?

Answer from Haig,Moderator:
    posted April 26, 2002 03:41 PM

Both are working fine. (bold added by me)
    ------------------
    Haig
    Matrox Graphics
    Technical Support Manager

See Click here to see the thread
    Last edited by pgde; 26 April 2002, 17:35.
    Homebuilt Intel P3 933 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, ASUS CUSL2-C MB, 400w TruePower Antec PS, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, WD 160 Gb Spec Ed HD, Yamaha 20x10x40 SCSI Rewritable, Toshiba 12x DVD, Parhelia 128 (replaced a G400MAX), Win XP Pro SP1 w/latest patches

my first born

OK, maybe not my first born, but definitely my neighbor's first born child for a Parhelia
    I'll even throw in my Millenium 2MB I still have in a working machine... nah, just the kid

Comment

Nothing's obvious when it comes to Haig. He doesn't lie, but he loves to tease you guys.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

No way this means the G450MMS and drivers are working fine?

Umf
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

left field... what are you saying Umf?
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
            left field... what are you saying Umf?
            That he's a moron?

Rags

Comment

Greebe, I'm just wondering whether anything Haig does so, pertains to things Matrox has already announced, like the G450MMS being real expensive, the card+drivers working OK, and it having been shown off to some ppl, but still under NDA.

In my mind, all these 'hints' that seem to actually mean something, might just pertain to G450MMS (or even trickier, to G450MMS as well.

Umf

added this:
              And that I'm a moron too
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Well it has been said repeatedly that he is most certainly NOT talking about anything other than Parhelia.

Why do you still doubt it?
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Did he actually say so?

I do believe a lot of his teasing is related to Parhelia, but I would not put it past him to tease some more with "real" information, but then actually pertaining to, say, the G450MMS.

Maybe I am just a bit cynical....(or a moron, might pop up with a new userid soon (tm))

Umf

Comment

might pop up with a new userid soon (tm))
                    I expect that to happen alot around here, soon, as some ppl try to avoid eating their hats and taking it like a man.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Actually Haig did say he wasn't refering to the G450MMS... besides we know that's not a gamers card.

Honey mustard dipping sauce should go well with that Hat

Comment

If it hadn't been for these rumors a Radeon 8500 would have already taken my KyroII's place...
                        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Greebe, I ain't gonna eat no hat, I am not an unbeliever. It's just that I have not found a post by Haig saying what u say it does. I can't read between line very well, that might be it, or:

Joel: not to avoid Hat-au-Vin, just to acknowledge my intellactual capabilites (would I change my userid to moron, as per Rags suggestion/conclusion).

No hat, just errrm, whatsitcalled in english?

Umf

Comment

Parhelia!

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend

Joel: not to avoid Hat-au-Vin, just to acknowledge my intellactual capabilites (would I change my userid to moron, as per Rags suggestion/conclusion).
                              Umf
                              Umf, your userid is fine as is your healthy scepticism. If Parhelia is as impressive as some seem to suggest then many Murc members (myself included) will also be eating hat.

Regards MD
                              Interests include:
                              Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Working...
                              X