Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange comment from Haig

In the Matrox support forums the following can be read:

"I don't think there's anything secret about it. We announced an expensive card and we're getting ready to show it
    ------------------
    Haig
    Matrox Graphics
    Technical Support Manager"

Look at http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/001084.html for reference.

What does he mean?
    a Rebel at heart

I think it's clear !
    they have something new and expensive and they are about to show it to the public...
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Strange...
      Was the card announced officially ?
      (I thought it were all just rumours !)

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It could just apply to the G450MMS, right?

Umf
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Depends whether you are press or public I suppose. I guess a card can be announced to the press but not to the public. So announced does not necessarily means the whole World knows about it at this point.

Originally posted by VJ
          Strange...
          Was the card announced officially ?
          (I thought it were all just rumours !)

Jörg

Comment

Depends whether you are press or public I suppose. I guess a card can be announced to the press but not to the public. So announced does not necessarily means the whole World knows about it at this point.
            And the press doesn't talk about that ?
            Guess it is not the British tabloid-press !

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I can imagine The SUN:
              "Matrox ready to Bare ALL!! see page 3 for a close-up..."
              (with a large breasted lady on the front page sporting a nice Matrox tee-shirt -> 5 sizes too small )
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

It's rather a matter of announcement to the press , but they are still under NDA. That way when the NDA is finally lifted half the hardware sites will publish their already finished announcements

Cobos
                My Specs
                AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

At least while we wait we are saving money in ANTicipation.

one good thing to come out of it...
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                  Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                  +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I guess the press will talk when they are told they are allowed to talk. Remember the press isn't just the Internet, print mags are monthly so need time to prepare.

Originally posted by VJ

And the press doesn't talk about that ?
                    Guess it is not the British tabloid-press !

Jörg

Comment

Haig's answer:

"We announced the G450MMS and should be showing it off soon. "

Rakido
                      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Umm... didn't any of you guys notice that he said "card", not "technology" or "chip"? Does this mean a typical ati / nvidia release?
                        Despite my nickname causing confusion, My name is not Bryce and I'm not a man...

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
                          Haig's answer:

"We announced the G450MMS and should be showing it off soon. "

Rakido
                          but you fogot this part of the answer:
                          Sorry, bad joke
                          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I wished they'd announce the card to the rest of the world already! I'm sick on soon™

Jammrock
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

New Matrox Future Card (Parhelia) work in AGP x2 slot (Intel BX chipset)?

So I guess what Haig is saying is that the new 450MMS is code named Parhelia?????
                              A Smith & Wesson beats Four Aces

Comment

Working...
                              X