New ICD !!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ICD !!??

matrox has released a new ICD (single) on the utilities-page!!!???

no further informations/notes

anyone tested this???

P.S.: Anyone know what this "dial-up-patch" is good for?
    my system:

AMD XP 2000+
    Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
    512MB SDRAM133
    Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
    Windows XP Prof

Why release it standalone?
    Why not in a driver release??

Comment

Why is the Earth flat?

Comment

Because otherwise we would role off of it
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

It seems that it's the same ICD from the latest powerdesk, but they've locked it to the "optimized for accuracy" setting. The Matrox tweak utility defaults to this setting now and cannot be changed to "default". I was hoping they may have fixed an issue with the neverwinter nights model viewer, but not yet.

Heed.
          Thought thinks itself.

Comment

Heed would you like to expound on the 'neverwinter nights' problems.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Sure. The engine uses a .tga file as a reflection map (chrome1.tga). There's a problem with the ICD where the models appear almost completely reflected (i.e. the base texture is not visible). If you delete or rename the chrome1.tga the models display fine (sans reflection). I'll post a screenshot of the problem below. Also, I know the engine is still undergoing changes, so it may be a problem on Bioware's end-- although, only matrox cards are having problems displaying the models correctly.

With reflection map:

Without reflection map:

EDIT: I should also add that I have tried all the various options in the tweak utility (i.e. advanced multitexturing, accuracy, etc.) with no avail.

Heed.
              Last edited by Heed; 26 April 2002, 08:31.
              Thought thinks itself.

Comment

Heed, we're looking into this
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Very cool-- thanks Greebe.
                  Thought thinks itself.

Comment

Heed, what ICD build are you using?

BTW the website says to install it into your \system32\ directory, but the ICD in PDesk is installed into the \system\ directory.

Comment

I'm using the new 2.55.052 ICD with the 6.82 drivers on Win98 and still get the cool chrome bug. Here's two videos that show the problem very nicely. I couldn't get them to load directly from the link, you'll probably have to download them and doubleclick on the icon or something.

[edit] Ah, they WILL load from the link, it just takes a while for it to download the file... I'm not kidding when I say it took less time to upload the videos to the server than it does to download, and they're both ~1 meg each. [/edit]

Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 26 April 2002, 16:13.

Comment

took me about 6 seconds to DL each

Comment

Wierd, it's horribly slow on my end... I just converted them to MPEG's... try these instead. :-)

Dang, figured out why it was going so slow here... cable is running very poorly right now.

Comment

Heed,

If you installed the new ICD under win9x, the notes on the website are wrong. The ICD should be extracted to the System directory NOT the System32 directory.

Rags

Comment

The problem exists at least in the 5.82 drivers and the new standalone ICD-- I'm in win2k. I haven't tried earlier driver versions so I don't know about them. It's not an error in installing the new standalone ICD.

When I had win98 on the system a few weeks back I had the same problem-- which is obvious, since I was using the 6.82 PD for '98 (same ICD as the 5.82 for win2k, no?).

This error was reported from all versions of the Gxx series by many users. Not positive about g200, but definitely g400 (my card), g450 and g550.

You can check it yourself, if you like. Here's the link to the viewer and some models to check out.

BioWare develops high quality console, PC and online role-playing games, focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles.

Just for clarity sake, I'm in win2k, PD 5.82 with the new "fixed" ICD correctly installed (2.55.052).

EDIT: just to clarify further-- I mentioned I had '98 on the system a few weeks back-- win2k was a fresh install on a newly partioned and formatted drive, so there's no "crap" that could have been left behind.

Heed.
                              Last edited by Heed; 26 April 2002, 17:16.
                              Thought thinks itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X