A Little Star Wars News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Star Wars News

"The next film is really dark," Lucas tells Time. "The issue is, will people stand for it? But I've got to tell the story. And when I finish it, I'll be 60. I've got a lot of things I want to do with my life other than more of this. I've got a bunch of TV shows that I want to do. I've got a half-dozen movies that have stayed in my brain the past 30 years...I'm in a position now where I can say, I'm gonna make this movie because I wanna see this movie."
    Can't think of a better reason to make movies!

Kevin

Check out the article at Time.com. It's really good:

If you do not like/want spoilers, I recommend skipping the last 1/3 of the first page and all of the second page of the article. No major spoilers, but enough to possibly upset people that want it to be a complete surprise.

They have some great pictures, too. After hearing all the positive info about Attack of the Killer Clowns, I'm actually quite excited to see it. Of course, I am one of the few fans that really enjoyed The Phatom Menace.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Even with Jarring Binks?
      I couldn't get past him. I don't remember much else about the movie.
      And I am a big enough fan that I saw the original 6 times in the first month it came out.
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

i thought the next one was going to be more lovey.. and all that stuff. oi..
        JARJAR.... couldnt get passed it either..
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

It wasn't Jar-Jar that was the most anoying caracter in the movie in my opinion, it was that lousy little brat trying to "act", you know who I mean. Every time I see him I wonder how on earth Lucas managed to choose such a lousy actor.

Comment

I hope a meteor falls on Bill Gates, then bounces and hits George Lucas... not sure which of the two I dispise more, they're both egomanical jerks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
              I hope a meteor falls on Bill Gates, then bounces and hits George Lucas... not sure which of the two I dispise more, they're both egomanical jerks.

wow... you know them personally? impressive..
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Ah, so you dispute my claim that Bill Gates is an egomanical jerk? You're probably right, I shouldn't judge people without personally knowing them... for all I know Mr. Gates is at heart just a kindly entrepreneur who just wants to make a fair dollar selling a quality product.

Comment

Hey, I'm willing to forgive Jar-Jar. Lucas has ALWAYS made movies to appeal to 12-year-olds, and frankly the kids LOVE Jar-Jar.

What I _can't_ forgive is...

Midichlorians.
                  "Yippee!"
                  Midichlorians.
                  "Yippee!"

Need I go on?

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

What I can't forgive is George messing up the first movie for all time.. All those stupid animated beasties in the street in Mos Eisley in particular. He took something that was believable and made it into some f*cking cartoon! and one of the things even walks in front of Obi-Wan while he's doing the Jedi Mind Trick.. Oh, and the scene with Han and Jabba in the hangar is unneccesary too. Jabba is about 1/2 size there and totally out of character. Do you really think Solo could have gotten away with stepping on his tail? A cheap laugh for a half second.. and Jabba's eyes go wide like Roger Rabbit? blech. What a mess. Lucas is a moron. Maybe Rembrandt should have gone and painted over his masterworks with Roger Rabbit cartoons too? You know, just to give the 10 year olds a cheap giggle for half a sec? George is a dumbass from hell. And he ruined the cantina scene too.. making the green guy shoot first.. that was one of my favorite scenes! The whole Mos Eisley thing was completely screwed up.
                    Last edited by KvHagedorn; 26 April 2002, 05:00.

Comment

Yeah. I like to think of the first movie sort of like your first high school girlfriend. Saw a lot of her and she was kind of cute and kind of smart but a little rough around the edges but you had a great time together because she was sassy and clever.

Then after not seeing her for a long time she resurfaces and she looks great, had a lot of work done. Boobs bigger, skin cleared up, hair done in the latest fashion, clothes by Versache...in short, a knockout. Problem is, its gone to her head a little.

So part of you, maybe a BIG part, REALLY misses the girl she used to be.

THAT's the original Star Wars.

Kevin

Comment

ROFL!! No one here read the Time.com article apparently. Lucas said himself that TPM wasn't going to hit it big with fans. If you see the making of on the DVD, his own people complained to him about the movie before it was released and he just shrugged and said, "nothing I can do about it, I need it to be this way to make the story." Okay, so there was a lot of cutesy crap in it. So some of the actors were less than acceptable. But still, it wasn't that bad! You expected to much from someone who hadn't directed in 22 years.

As for the SE of Star Wars...maybe they'll have an option to watch it with or without the SE scenes in it when the DVD comes out. You can do fun things like that with DVD. Maybe someone should start a petition to get that added.

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

KRSESQ

Hey man... I like you analogy
                          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

I appreciated most of the changes in ANH:SE. There were a couple things that I didn't like.

1. Han/Jabba interaction. It's not that it was a bad scene - in fact it was a helpful scene, in terms of plot advancement and backstory. And it isn't even that Jabba is smaller - remember that by the time of ROTJ he had been sitting on his ass for like 10 years. What WAS the problem was, in fact, that he looked rather cartoonish. THAT was a bit unnecessary. Compare him to the hutts (is one of them supposed to be Jabba?) in TPM, because THOSE hutts look just fine.

2. Han/Greelo. I honestly have to go back and look at this to make sure it really was changed, but ... that would be gay, if they had made Han "nicer". Bleh.

The reptiles and other critters were a welcome addition. Given what we know about Tatooine, it isn't plausible to think that the stormtroopers had NO transportation when searching the surface.

What I _really_ appreciated was the digital touch-up the whole movie got. Much cleaner.

There are still a few things that Lucas is going to have to miraculously pull out of his ass...

1. If Anakin was raised on Tatooine, and returns there as a teenager... why doesn't Darth Vader recognize the planet?

2. If Anakin built C-3PO, why doesn't Darth Vader recognize HIM?

3. If Anakin used R2-D3 to help fly the Naboo fighter, why doesn't Darth Vader recognize HIM?

4. Midichlorians. This brings up a whole new world of misery for us, force-wise. If Anakin is the chosen one (which he IS... remember, HE killed the Emperor and brought balance to the force at the end of ROTJ), and he is 50% human and 50% midichlorian (virgin birth, yech!)... that makes Luke 75% human and 25% midichlorian. Yet Luke is able to defeat Vader... which makes very little sense.

5. Time line. It's 30 years from Episode 3 to Episode 4. Yet in the beginning of ANH, one of the generals refers to the force as "a dead, ancient religion". Err... this guy is like 60! When he was an adult (20-30 years old), Jedi were wandering around all over the place, using the force like it was going out of style! What gives with that? And everybody else is all amazed by it. I mean, c'mon - the younger folks of course have never seen it used... but you can't tell me that nobody TALKED about it.

All in all, for Lucas to say that he HAD to make Episode 1 the way he did... I don't buy it. He just didn't check his notes well enough, I say.

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                              ...which he IS... remember, HE killed the Emperor and brought balance to the force at the end of ROTJ...
                              - Gurm
                              Did this bring balance to the force? I thought there were 3 more stories to come after ROTJ.
                              chuck
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X