NVIDIA Quadro4 200 NVS vs the G550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Quadro4 200 NVS vs the G550

Just read a review of the NVIDIA Quadro4 200 NVS vs the G550 over at http://www.tweakers.com.au/articles/...0nvs/page1.asp

The article seems to be concerned mainly with 2d and 3d benchmarks.

Any comments

Regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

i always thought that the main competetion for the quadro4 200 nvs was the g200mms and the g450mms.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I'm slightly baffled by the article because they talk about the 2 ramdacs on both cards and then keep the res to 1260*1024. I thought that running them at 1600*1200 etc and discussing the cards 2d features would have given a better indication of a cards worth.

Regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

The reviewer is daft (borowing a word from another topic )!
        As TDB said he is comparing aples and oranges
        !"#¤%&/(@£$)
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

NVIDIA's mission was to claim a share of the 2D workstation market that Matrox has been dominating for the past couple of years, and I think it is fair to conclude that the NVIDIA Quadro4 200 NVS quite simply wiped the floor with the Matrox G550 Dual-DVI. Mission complete! For a card that is designed for business applications and content creation, it sure does quite a good job at running games as well. The NVS 200 wont turn your PC into a beast, but it will give you a great amount of practical functionally. If you're looking for a multi-display solution and ultra-high resolutions without scarifying quality, then the Quadro4 200 NVS is my recommended starting point. Around the $200 US mark, it proves not only a winner when it comes to performance, but also when it comes to bang for the buck.
          He did not event test the damn DH functions!
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

That's probably because he is one of those "speed is everything" reviewers!
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

This thread will probably do a little bit better over in the General Hardware/Software forum.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Isn't those cards a compeditor to the now G450 MMS cards?

Comment

Working...
                X