G400 won't go into AGPx1 mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 won't go into AGPx1 mode

I gave my G400 to a friend of mine, and his CS is acting up every so often. I remember that when i had my G400, putting the card to AGPx1 would resolve the lock ups.

I;ve just d/loaded MTSTU program and tried getting it to AGPx1 but it won't go. even though i have AGPx1 selected, the card is on AGPx2.

im not 100% this will fix it, but im pretty sure it will. What happening?
    no harm, no foul.

don't you have to reboot for the change to take effect?

Comment

ya i have several times
      no harm, no foul.

Comment

Looked into the BIOS?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

how do you "look" into the bios?
          no harm, no foul.

Comment

hitm del whenm booting? *g

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

ohh. i thought you meant into the video cards bios

but within the mobo bios there's no option to force AGPx1, you can only enable/disable AGPx4, which is why the card is in AGPx2 right now, and why i want it to be in AGPx1
              no harm, no foul.

Comment

What board is this? Most motherboards I've seen allow you to set a maximum AGP transfer rate.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

MSI K7T pro (the 6330 series, which includes the K7T Turbo, which i have)

the only option in the bios is to enable or disable AGPx4, there's nothing in there that has to do with setting it at a specific rate.

which is why i got Matrox Support Tweak Utility, as you sould be able to force certain rates with the software, but for some reason the program doesn't acknowledge the fact that i want AGPx1 not x2.
                  no harm, no foul.

Comment

This was a known issue with older versions of the tweak util.
                    Do you have the latest version of MTSTU? Other people who saw this problem with older version say the newer version fixes the prob...
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Let me guess you are running WinXP I had this problem since the beginning of time (xp time) The card seems to work stable only at AGPx1 Which wouldn’t be a problem if you could select the damn thing AGPx1

The problem was solved when new MTSTU utility was released and I was happy until the new drivers came out 5.82 and the whole thing started again, can’t force AGPx1 so I had to downgrade the drivers to get everything to normal.

Try installing 5.72 driver version and the newest MTSTU utility to select AGPx1
                      Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

ya i was thinking it was something to do with that. does anyone have another link to the latest MTSTU program? cause the link on the first page goes to a page not found

now that you mention it Kastuvas, when i had this card an upgraded to the new 5.82 drivers for XP, nothing seemed to run, i never thought it had to do with MTSTU making my AGP go back to x2, from x1.

thanks, i'll try that.
                        no harm, no foul.

Comment

Yeah, the front page seems 2 be a little out of date... The latest Matrox Tech Support Tweak Utility can always be found at http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr.../ftp_util2.cfm
                          In this case, the direct link is ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/utils/t...mtstu40409.zip

Comment

Working...
                          X