Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get MSP6 to work with mp3-audio codec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get MSP6 to work with mp3-audio codec?

Using Virtual Dub, I created some video files in 352x288 PAL with MPEG4v2 video compression and MPEG Layer-3 audio compression. The base files are in 704x576 PAL, hardware-MJPEG compressed with PCM audio, 22050 Hz 16 b-Stereo (Matrox Marvel G400)

The MPEG4v2 files play fine with any player (M$MP, etc), but I tried to edit a couple of this MPEG4/MP3-compressed files in MSP6. The video works fine, but MSP6 is unable to handle the MPEG Layer-3 (MP3) audio. The Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 codec (professional) IS installed on my computer. Virtual Dub, Sound Forge 4.5, M$MP, all found and can handle it, but NOT the MSP6.

The MSP6 contains the whole MP3 setting list, but it can't find the codec.

I tried to convert an MPEG4v2/MP3 file back to MPEG4v2/PCM-audio, using Sound Forge 4.5. It works well, which proves the integrity of the codec in my computer. MSP6 refuses it.

What am I doing wrong? What should I do? Any help, please?

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

I just tried this and got the same thing.

Interesting note:

if I split the audio and video, save them separately to disk, encode the audio as MP3 using AudioCD MP3 Studio 2000 and then put them back on the timeline and export the project the resultant .avi plays perfectly both in and out of MSP6.

Placing mp3's directly on an audio overlay track also works just fine.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks, Doc
      Yes I'll do the same thing in the future: save "the" or "a" split audio file for editing in the future. Tried it and no problems with the sync. Nice to know that I didn't do something dumb
      My appreciacions & regards, Fred H
      It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X