Food causes Cancer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food causes Cancer!!!

According to a report from scientists at Stockholms Univeristy food causes Cancer!

they claim that akrylamid is produced when heating of various foods like potato rice bread etc etc.

More info is said to be released tomorow!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Everything causes cancer so don't worry about it. Just do everything in moderation keep fit and let the experts agree and disagree. You probably live well into your 70-80's.

Oh my 3000 post 99% junk but who cares.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yes I know that everythin causes cancer but the news is so hilarously about the scientists who belives that it actualy will mean that we stops eating all that they say cause cancer!!

Scientists Loves to make anouncments like this!

Like when they stuffed a poor mouse 500% the daily dose of some product and said that it was hazardus tyo health because the mouse died
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I wonder how much off this stuff is there attempt to justify spending their budgets??
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Breathing causes C
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Technoid you must be refering to...

Congress Passes Bill to Remove Saccharin Warning Label from Sweet 'N Low®
            (12/21/2000)

"We are extremely gratified that Congress has passed legislation to remove the saccharin warning label on Sweet`N Low®.This announcement supports what we have known all along: saccharin is safe for human consumption," said Marvin Eisenstadt, president of Cumberland Packing Corp., manufacturer of Sweet`N Low.

"This Congressional action based on careful review of extensive scientific evidence will confirm consumers' confidence in Sweet`N Low, a product they have trusted for more than 40 years," he added.

The "Sweetest Act"
            On December 15, Congress passed legislation to remove the warning label that had been required on saccharin-sweetened foods and beverages since 1977. The "Sweetest Act," the Saccharin Warning Elimination via Environmental Testing Employing Science and Technology Act, introduced by Rep. Joe Knollenberg (R-MI) was signed into law by President Clinton on December 21 as part of the Health and Human Services (HHS) Appropriations Bill (H.R. 4577).

This action supports the recommendations of the 9th Report on Carcinogens prepared by the National Toxicology Program in May 2000, and the position of leading health organizations including the World Health Organization, American Cancer Society, American Medical Association, American Dietetic Association and American Diabetes Association.

"Leading health organizations have acknowledged saccharin's safety and supported the continued availability of saccharin," said Gail L. Becker, R.D., Cumberland Packing Corp. "Consumers can continue to use Sweet`N Low with complete confidence in the safety of the product."
            I never stopped using it
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The food causes Cancer is a New crazy anouncement!

That with the Mouse was about a suggar alternative so it is probably what Greebe said.

Comment

Who needs artificial sweeteners?

Too bad that Thaumatin (german spelling) is hardly used in the EU, it should (as far is "we" know today) really do no harm.

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Diabetics
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

mushrooms reduce cancer.. i think breast cancer tho.. so i guess me posting this doesnt matter to any of you

but anyway.. mushrooms are so wonderful i eat them everyday anyway.. the local grocery store luvs me and my mushroom eating addiction
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

ahhhhh
                      Lizzie like da shrooms.
                      that explains the kalidascopes...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

it's important to us Lizzie, we all like breasts

and seriously, we don't want our wives/gf/mom/sis/aunt etc to get the big nasty C any more than we want you to get it, which is to say not at all.
                        AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

LOL nc

(shuddup Greebe!)

Comment

About artificial sweeteners, aspartame forms formaldahyde in your body.

Comment

Aspartame, aka Nutrasweet, is the most evil mass-market concoction known to man.

It was rammed through because the successor to Saccharin, the name of which eludes me at the moment... cyclomide maybe... was so damn bad for you.

They ran cancer tests. Nope, doesn't cause cancer. Ok, let's approve it and get it to market.

Now, I'm as sympathetic to the plight of diabetics as the next guy. By all means, give 'em an artificial sweetner. But is it really necessary to try to sneak it into the general population's food?

It's BAD FOR YOU. VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD.

Julie did her senior research project on aspartame. It causes, among other things:

- Seizures
                              - Mental retardation in children (oops, so much for sugar-free koolaid being a good idea!)
                              - Early onset of diabetes (whoa!)
                              - Early onset of alzheimers (whoa!)
                              - Headaches
                              - Generalized brain damage

AND, as mentioned above, it turns into formaldehyde in the body. Ouch!

Julie (and millions of others) is sensitive to phenylketoneurics - in other words, any substance chemically related to phenylalanine. Aspartame fits that bill, certainly. One glass of diet iced tea and she'll be writhing on the floor in pain, incapacitated for hours with blinding headaches. Sugar-free gum with nutrasweet will make her nauseous.

AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE "GOOD" FOR YOU?

But the cola companies pushed it through. HAD to have an alternative. Nevermind that Saccharin doesn't REALLY cause cancer - 'cuz cyclomide sure as hell did.

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X