Quadphonic headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quadphonic headphones

I wanted to buy a pair of HeadPhones to use with my computer system both for games and music.
    I noticed that Sony MDR-DS5100 are really good ones. But the price is kinda high. Do you know if there are some quadphonic headphones or even 5.1 ones at fair price?
    NocturnDragon

Quad yes, don't believe Sony makes them and the market is quite limited since the public stopped buying Quad stuff back in the '70's. I'll have todo a search, but know they do still exist.

As for 5.1... come one now! LOL that has to be the funniest thing I'ever heard. Where are you going to put the center channel... on your forehead? hehe

I'm not gonna even comment on the sub placement
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

There are "virtual" 5.1 headphones, and Sony makes some. They've expensive though. $300 and up, and they are open-ear. The DS5100 is such a model.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Lol

Greebe: it was self evident that i was meaning VIRTUAL 5.1 headphones

NocturnDragon

Comment

I kinda wondered how that would work myownself.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
          AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

just looked those up... the DS5100's are nothing more than regular Quad headphones with a new marketing twist (hype)
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I don't know if Sennheiser still makes this one :

But I believe they do still make:

(a dsp-processor for headphones, don't know how it performs though...)

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
              X