What is Bright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Bright?

A star? A sun? Colors? Vibrant Color Quality 3?

"bright" is staring at a laser or the sun or my flashlight
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Re: What is Bright?

Originally posted by Amiga Blitter
      A star? A sun? Colors? Vibrant Color Quality 3?
      The glow made by the external power supply the card needs?
      lol

P.S. It's cool. all those hints and i cannot understand a single thing!
      NocturnDragon

Comment

Something like when you drive your car really hard* it will glow in the dark. The first gfx card with a turbocharger ever.

*turbocharged engines only
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

And there is the MAX version of course.

Comment

rofl, what exactly is that turbo from????

a train, ship or a planet shifter???
            Dell Inspiron 8200
            Pentium4m 1.6
            640mb pc2100
            64mb gf440go
            15" uxga ultrasharp
            40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Heh that's not a turbo, that's the blower on my Athlon!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

LOL

I need to modify my case to fit one of those!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Q: What's bright?

A: ALBPM's bunghole after a night of jalapeno's

Comment

Impact;

Whatthehell kind of fuel was that thing running, nitromethane?

I've run a couple of turbocharged cars in road races but NEVER have I seen one THAT hot....

I can just imagine how long the spark cables last

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm guessing the glowy red one is an upgraded unit, running much higher boost than the manufacturer would ever recommend. As for the other one, it was picture from a "caption this" thread on another board. No I don't know what machine it's from (a very large truck perhaps? edit: it's probably from a large dynamo, a device used in powerplants to generate very large amounts of electricity). And no, it won't fit in your car. Don't even think about it.
                      Last edited by impact; 23 April 2002, 00:35.

Comment

You guys are way too funny.

Manifolds glow red on many vehicles when running under full load. Not just turbocharged vehicles either. It's nothing special or unusual. If you were to put a camera inside most engine bays, when running high load, you would see a similar picture.

Rags

Comment

Not to mention that this pic was probably with a digital camera and thus can see into the infrared region much more so than anyone's eyes...

Comment

While I am sure the camera will pick up the brightness of heat better than our eyes would, I think that you will actually see that under the hood of most any car that is being run hard.

A good example would be to take a motorhome with a standard V8 engine in it and run it without the doghouse on the freeway and accelerate up a hill....mmmm Cherry flavored manifolds!

Rags

Comment

Working...
                            X