Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish Parhelia confirmation

Translates to something like:
    "News about comming new chip from Matrox is not fiction. We not can say any more this time. This chip is better that you know from previous internet information. Preview of Parhelia comming in 6/2002 magazine Enter and 6/2002 is date of relase this chip"
    a Rebel at heart

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! (big Evil Laugh)

That sounds like some good 'safe' info,

Announced in May(mid to late) and on the shelves by June.

Sounds real good to me.

Just have to get the prices now....

Thankee mabraham
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

so after all they will announce it on ants birthday!

if you look closer at the last two sentences there is more information in there than it seems (i happen to know polish).

"but the sensational paramaters, of which we informed you a while ago, prove not very [low/not a lot] sensational [=fictional here] in combination with reality, which exceeds everything we have seen so far.
      A detailed description [not preview, like said above] of parhelia can be found in issue 06/2002 of ENTER, which [the magazine] will be in store the same day the new Matrox GPU officialy gets premiered"

so it really has to be some freakin new technology! another thing is issue 06/2002, which will be out somewhere in the mid of may (i guess, couldnt find any info on that). their issue numbers don't fit the months (like most magazines). 05/2002 is already out. so another hint for ants birthday
      and "premiered" looks more like actual benchmarks or sth. like that than just specs announcement.

so what might this crazy new technology be? what can be so good that it makes anand smile? i doubt the parhelia is just fast. maybe it is 64bit rendering? will this be usefull for the gamer? for the pros i guess yes.
      it is only getting better
      Last edited by thop; 22 April 2002, 10:37.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

posted April 22, 2002 12:08 M
        I don't think that date is true unless he is referring to the date that he will publish something in his magazine.

I've seen the leaks coming from every corner of the world and I have to say, don't believe everything some of these sites are publishing because 1 item in particular is not true.

That just confirms what I told you folks when all these leaks start

------------------
        Haig
        Matrox Graphics
        Technical Support Manager

Comment

actually haig could be right, it seems like these guys also try hard to sell their magazine
          who knows.
          but if this information is true, they will probably never see a NDA again
          Last edited by thop; 22 April 2002, 10:03.

Comment

actually haig could be right
            LOL! Gee, I wonder why Haig would be qualified to think he knows what is going on!
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

of course he does know whats going on
              what i mean is that even if some sites posts "facts", he will very likely say they are not true (for obvious reasons) even if they are true until matrox officialy presents the card.

Comment

While I could care less what makes Anand smile, we've been trying to tell you guys that it's sweeter than sweet for quite sometime now.

Yes new technology, yes fast, but there is a whole lot more... but 64 bit rendering, now come on, how many cards do you know that even support that?... even on the Pro scale not many.

BTW, gamers would never see any advantage to 64 bit color depth anywho.

Haig is 100% correct... it's just a move to have more page hits/whatnot ($$)
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

so what might this crazy new technology be? what can be so good that it makes anand smile? i doubt the parhelia is just fast. maybe it is 64bit rendering? will this be usefull for the gamer? for the pros i guess yes.
                  NOW, im curious!

it is probably something else than displacement mapping, and matrox has a reputation for doing wacky inovative stuff like headcasting and dualhead, i wonder what it is this time(and i bet anand wouldn´t smile over something silly, like headcasting, i bet it is somethin cool).
                  This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

i know what makes anand smile:

The followup of headcasting: Bodycasting

I wonder if the announce and in store same day is true..
                    You'll get a lot of leaks from the stores before the announcement.

anyway, I think I'll mail my creditcardnumber to the Matrox Sales department to be sure i'm in the first batch....
                    PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

First came DualHead
                      Second came HeadCasting

Put em together and what have you got?

DualHeadCasting

Gotta Love Matrox for it!
                      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Originally posted by Michel
                        i know what makes anand smile:

The followup of headcasting: Bodycasting

I wonder if the announce and in store same day is true..
                        You'll get a lot of leaks from the stores before the announcement.

anyway, I think I'll mail my creditcardnumber to the Matrox Sales department to be sure i'm in the first batch....
                        What? The rumoured breastcasting and arsecasting has finally made it to the feature set of the latest matrox' offering? I sure hope RSN will be present, too.
                        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

From Beyond3d forum

"A third capable manufacturer returns to the scene? Since Matrox has never really been gone or tried their hand at being competitive in 3D, and Bitboys has never been to the scene in the first place, it brings one company to mind. A certain gfx company that has a joint venture with one Taiwanese chipset maker, and a rumored DX9 part thats codenamed a certain South American country. "

Is maybe the S3 Columbia

Comment

Clueless sites do vex us
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

AFAIK, Haig hasn't lied yet. I wouldn't expect him to either. Just a lot of "can neither confirm nor deny."
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X