Trouble setting TV out size...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble setting TV out size...

Am I mistaken, or is it only possible to set the TV out size/position for the desktop, and not for the mjpeg hardware?

I have no trouble adjusting the output size in "desktop mode", but the settings are somehow ignored when I play an mjpeg file.

I ask this because I need to set the output position a little higher. Whenever I play a Matrox MJPEG file on my Marvel G200, the output is a little too low (and the subtitles touch the bottom of the screen!).

This is particularly annoying in "letterbox" videos, where the subtitles are in the lower black band. The lower text line is then almost unreadable.

Is there any way to tweak this?

Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Make sure first of all that you're inside that 10% edge called the "title safe area." Anything (titles, graphics, etc.) falling in the outer 10% of a TV picture is unlikely to be seen. A lot of video programs, like CG Infinity & After Effects, have the option to overlay a border on the picture to make sure you're within range.

Comment

Hi Fluggo,

the trouble is, I simply recorded a TV program (using Avi_io) and wanted to dump it on videotape(using Avi_Io). The sub-titles weren't generated by me- they were part of the program! For some reason, the Marvel G200 outputs the picture a bit too low and hence "castrates" the subtitles....

Comment

What editing software do you have (I'm dreading the answer). If you've got MSP then you could apply a moving path to the whole clip to shift it up a bit (or a lot). I think Premiere would also have this feature if you can persuade it to stand upright with a Marvel

Comment

I'm not editing the material at all- just capturing it using avi_io and playing it back again. Every re-compression would degrade the material.

Surely it MUST be possible to get the video out in the same geometry it came in ???

Comment

Working...
          X