Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code to detect 2 monitors

Hi

Is there anyway to programmatically detect if a G400 etc actually has a second monitor attached. If so is it dependant on driver and PD version

Thanks Paul

It should be doing it automatically. But that only works if you're using the 15-pin monitor connection. You can't auto-detect a BNC connection.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sorry I'll explain. I'm writing a program that has to postion its windows in different places depending if a second screen is connected to the G400 card

Comment

Seems to me Windows knows since you get that "Windows has detected a second monitor, do you want to enable DualHead" message

GB

Or contact developer relations and play with the vidcard registers like i'm thinking of doing

Comment

I was hoping there might be a registry entry that I could reliably check

Comment

Contact Matrox Developer Relations (DevRel)
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X