Name that movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that movie

Im trying to find out the name on a anime movie I saw years ago (84 or so)!

The film starts with someone going through service records for cops and says fun things like “wouldn’t last a month”.
    Eventually he find one! That cop is then seen leaving his precinct for the “big city” with his pals telling him that he will be dog meat (nice pals ).
    He reaches the city gets smack into a robbery, the unit he was transferring to, and meets his new “partner” a robot (blue/white humanoid).
    He later meet his “Human” team members and their counterparts (a green/white bulky robot and one purple/white with “ponytails”).
    Their first assignment is to stop a battle tank that the robbers (hm.. really surprising ) has stolen. They succeeds! But one of them gets trapped in the tank when its AI believes the crew to be dead and continues to the pre set iterary. It all ends inside a sub (after a lot of action scenes ) where the Tank “seems” to go bezerk and attack the sub! The closing scenes depict the cops floating in the water and thanking the tank

And if it don’t make sense then welcome to the club!
    These are my 18 year old memories and the tend to “lapse” somewhat…

Now anyone seen a movie like that and remember the title?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

All of those anime-crapolla's are like that!!!

Comment

transformers???
      Dell Inspiron 8200
      Pentium4m 1.6
      640mb pc2100
      64mb gf440go
      15" uxga ultrasharp
      40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Well you said robot, so it must have Keanu Reeves in it.

Comment

Not Transformers.

Almost sounds like Appleseed, but I don't think it is.

Could be the original Tank Police. The second series of that was called New Dominion Tank Police. Never saw the original though.

The only other thing I can think of is Bubble Gum Crisis. Sorry, I wasn't old enough to watch anime in '84, except what was on TV (G-Force, Transformers, etc).

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thanks Jamrock!
            For actualy trying to help me instead of just joking
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Don't think this is the orig. TP!
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

EUREKA!

I found it!

Set imdb to display everythin anime from 1980 to 1990 !

its:

Technopolice aka Techno Police 21c!!

Great! now lets get a copy!

Edit:
                Jammrock did almost nail it since it is the predesessor to BGC!!!
                Last edited by Technoid; 22 April 2002, 01:34.

Comment

I've actually started watching Cowboy Bebop, despite deep seated feelings of loathing and revulsion towards Japanese animation bought about by exposure to DragonBall Z a few years ago.

I think they're pretty good.

I think its the decent soundtrack, the semi-realistic animation, the characters and the fact it actually has a plot that gives it the edge over DBZ.
                  Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

DBZ is crap compared to Cowboy Bebop. Bebop is by far one of the better anime's out there. My friend's Mom even likes that show. She bought the entire DVD set.

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                    X