PDA

View Full Version : Feedback from Anand

Cobos
20th April 2002, 00:41
Take a look at anandtech.com under site news.

Though I'll cut and paste the interesting part directly :)

From Anandtech.com

I just landed and felt the need to provide some closure (at least temporarily) to my last post. There are a handful of times where you see a product/technology that reminds you exactly why you are so interested in this industry. Product's like AMD's upcoming Hammer and others are perfect reminders to me of why I care so much about this industry and what fuels my passion. In spite of all of the tasteless politics that seem to plague our industry there are a few times when you really get a chance to see something that makes you smile. With that said I'll be quiet for a few more weeks and then there will be a lot to talk about.

End Quote

Cobos

Kruzin
20th April 2002, 00:55
With that said I'll be quiet for a few more weeks and then there will be a lot to talk about.

IOW, he had to sign an NDA, promising he wouldn't say anything until a designated date...and if he ever wants to be invited to another one of these 'confrences', he better keep his mouth shut till then...

Must be something impressive ;)

Ant
20th April 2002, 01:00
Wonder what it could have been?

Kruzin
20th April 2002, 01:02
I bet it was a new toaster
:p

SteveC
20th April 2002, 02:01
Originally posted by Kruzin
I bet it was a new toaster
:p

On Hardocp:

After being in San Francisco this week on a 36 hour quick turn around trip, we did find the excursion to be well worth our while. If this company, that we have not heard anything exciting from in a while, can "put their money where their mouth is" there are going to be quite a few folks out there in for a surprise.

Sounds like it's going to be a cool toaster there Kruzin! :D

NocturnDragon
20th April 2002, 02:58
Maybe it will even be able to cook Pizza :p :p :p

Novdid
20th April 2002, 16:45
Rugger will be eating a hat soon...

I demand that he will supply us with a plethora of photos from the event.:p

thop
20th April 2002, 16:49
i hope by a few weeks he actually meant less than 4 weeks :) May 14th as suggested by MK may actually be pretty close.

while MURC was down today i surfed through some other forums (nvnews, rage3d, hardocp, anandtech, ...) and i could not believe my eye. these guys have no idea what is going on at all (do we? :()!
most think it might be gfx related but do not believe it will be matrox. either sis or trident. one even thought ATARI is coming back http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/corky/smilies15.gif

anand got me really more curious than i already am. from his words i dont think we will just see a good performing gfx card but also some really new cool technology/idea.

Cobos
20th April 2002, 16:59
thop: I was also reading around on some other forums too, and what I started thinking of is, how sure are we ?
Obviously Matrox is going to release Parhelia soon and it's going to kick ass and take names...
But how sure are we the tech-press gathering in SF was related to Matrox ? I've seen the hints from Ant, but they are still hints...
Just wondering I guess :)

Cobos

Greebe
20th April 2002, 17:33
all roads lead to Matrox... why think it's a different highway? :)

Phwanky
20th April 2002, 17:53
I think I'm going to Matrox HQ next week to see my friends and maybe gather fresh news. ;)

But, the owners of Matrox said that even the employees will have to wait to know what is going on. They'll wait until the release date. :(

A+

MK
20th April 2002, 19:02
Interesting, interesting, exactly what I am expecting ... :)

MK

jomiwic
20th April 2002, 19:30
come on ant spill the beans, you know you want to:D (http://www.imlande.de/mirror/g1000productinfo.jpg)...

thop
20th April 2002, 19:32
hihi i finally figured out when they will make the announcement. on Ant's birthday (May 16th)! http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/party/bdaybiggrin.gif

miya
20th April 2002, 20:20
Ya know Trident is headquartered not far from San Francisco.

Dr Mordrid
20th April 2002, 23:52
And so is the Canadian Trade Consulates office :D

Actually, did anyone pay attention to the TITLE of Anands follow-up post?

Bright days ahead

Bright days = referenceing the sun = indirect reference to Parhelia?

Dr. Mordrid

magog
21st April 2002, 04:18
Okay!
What I know is there was something to see in SF, but someone also mentioned Paris!
Did that company helt two presentions (one in SF and one in Paris)?

If there was something to see in Paris, I think at least one big german publisher located in Hannover (selling at least two well known magazines with two letters ;)) should have sent someone to Paris.

I've some connections to that magazine selling company, and I think I'll write an eMail to my connection now and hopefully get some kind of hint!

Novdid
21st April 2002, 04:22
Do so!!!

Will be interesting to see what answer you will get.:)

Dr Mordrid
21st April 2002, 08:28
Lets just say that whoever is showing whatever is doing it on every contenent that matters, and the reaction seems to be a universal "wow!!".

Take that any way you want to.

Dr. Mordrid

RC Agent
21st April 2002, 08:34
Originally posted by Cobos
Take a look at anandtech.com under site news.

Though I'll cut and paste the interesting part directly :)

From Anandtech.com

With that said I'll be quiet for a few more weeks and then there will be a lot to talk about.

End Quote

Cobos

Closer.... for me to upgrade my G200. ;)
I sure hope I see a significant performance jump. :D
Am I crazy for waiting this long???? :o

roadie
21st April 2002, 09:43
With that said I'll be quiet for a few more weeks

gah! enough already, get it out M, please

[GDI]Raptor
21st April 2002, 12:19
That meens that we'll hear something in a few weeks!! Hehe
I'm looking forward to all the angry nVidiots.... :D

magog
21st April 2002, 13:15
Argh, my "spy" is currently on vacation!
I hope he's in germany, so I can contact him this week.
If I can't reach him, I'll get an answer on monday next week.

Maybe I can contact the second person working in the same business.

Greebe
21st April 2002, 13:56
That meens that we'll hear something in a few weeks!! Hehe
I'm looking forward to all the angry nVidiots.... :D

... eating hat :D

thop
23rd April 2002, 08:49
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1609

In all fairness to Matrox, it's been a while since they've released a Marvel product; with one undoubtedly in the works, hopefully they'll take a few cues from ATI and NVIDIA.

We've left Matrox out of these final words as their current solution is a bit behind the times. This is understandable considering its release well over a year ago and there's no doubt in our minds that another Marvel card has been long in the works over at Matrox. With a pretty accurate blueprint of what they're up against, we have nothing but the highest expectations for the next-generation Marvel card - Matrox, don't let us down.

Maggi
23rd April 2002, 09:05
Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
And so is the Canadian Trade Consulates office :D

Actually, did anyone pay attention to the TITLE of Anands follow-up post?

Bright days ahead

Bright days = referenceing the sun = indirect reference to Parhelia?

Dr. Mordrid

Just to throw a totally different opinion into the ring ...

Bright days ahead could actually be a hint towards the upcoming gfx chip from Trident (http://www.aceshardware.com/#55000485), simply because the named their rendering engine BrightPixel !!!

:D

fuel to the fire ... :p

thop
23rd April 2002, 09:56
http://www.contrabandent.com/cwm/s/contrib/blackeye/SHOCKED.gif

Jammrock
23rd April 2002, 10:32
I think Thop just got his invitation to the Playboy mansion for a 'special show'. That or he just saw the Parhelia in action running it's patent pending 4xRSN feature.

Jammrock

Wombat
23rd April 2002, 10:38
Or he heard the same thing on the radio that I did: Anna Kornikova is nude in the next Penthouse issue. It's not voluntary though, it's some paparazzi shot. I wish scum like that would die.

impact
24th April 2002, 01:49
Still, that won't stop you from buying the mag, right? :P

GT98
24th April 2002, 07:41
Originally posted by Wombat
Or he heard the same thing on the radio that I did: Anna Kornikova is nude in the next Penthouse issue. It's not voluntary though, it's some paparazzi shot. I wish scum like that would die.

They already have shots of her on the net topless ;)

Pace
24th April 2002, 08:03
I've saw a few fakes (well done though). Which ones are you talking about? (for validation sake only, not pleasure :p)

P.

[GDI]Raptor
24th April 2002, 09:03
Originally posted by Pace
I've saw a few fakes (well done though). Which ones are you talking about? (for validation sake only, not pleasure :p)

P.

Hmmm!! Ye right :p :D

Wombat
24th April 2002, 10:37
I've seen the real ones. Voyeurism does absolutely nothing for me. It's an invasion of privacy, not some girl that intends for me to see her.

Nudity is only a turn-on when she's intentionally offering it up for me.