Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Planets line up Cloud for the next three weeks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Planets line up Cloud for the next three weeks ?

Well everytime so far when theres been a major event it's been cloudy or raining. Halleys comet, yep cloudy or raining nothing visable.
    So the planets should be lined up for the next three weeks and already theres a bank of cloud in the west so are we going to have three weeks of rain every night??
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Well I'm sitting here watching a big red sun sinking, the clouds have gone. Just want to spot Mercury, I've seen all the others lined up, never been able to spot that little begger.

Comment

Have a shot (actually several that will make one image) from the widefields CCD.

I'm hoping will look good once it goes through some image processing (subtractive filter + blending etc. in Picture Window). I'll post it if it's any good.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 April 2002, 20:35.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Now the clouds are clearing although theres a lot of high cirrus in the west so it's doubtful that anything will be visable. It's been cloudy since I posted this orginaly but it can't keep it up for three weeks surely.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I've heard that it can actually TP, especially in your part of the world (in which I'm about to live for the next 2 years or so)
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Since I record the weather I'm quite aware of what it can do. I remember not seeing the sun for a whole month some years back.
            It's just funny that every time theres been a astro event the clouds roll up. Never saw Halleys Comet cloudy all the time the last comet wasn't visable due to pollution haze/high cloud. Everytime someones posted about sunflares and possible northern lights the rains come down striaght away. The weather slipped up once allowing us too see a comet some ten years ago I think can't remember which one it was though.
            Until four years ago I never had a wet holiday and until today as soon as a book a holiday the promised heatwave has disappeared into heavy rain.
            Where abouts are you staying???
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Got magnificent view of Halle-Bopp I think to was a few years back, strangely enough the best view was from a PC World car park I remember

There was light cloud for the eclipse in '99 although as it was partial here that actually aided in viewing. I've missed all of the recent spectacular meteor shows of recent years though, peeing it down with rain every time.

Denty don't forget to get some heavy duty clothes to keep you warm when you come over, and you'll need even more when winter comes around

Comment

Thats the one Halle-Bopp was it only a few years back. The cloud killed the eclispe as well here just drifted across at the right time.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hale-Bopp was quite a sight here. So was Hyakutake. Got this one of it;

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well guess what it's looking like it's going to be cloudy again.
                    Nice photo by the way.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Me and my dad were all set to hike up the Mourne mountains for 2103 last friday, just in time to see the sunset and Mercury. It was glorious all day until ~1900

I am back in sunny Leicester... no hills here though.
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Clear skies will it be possible will it?
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yeah Ant, I've got a few of those that I bought when I was there last November. Funny enough the weather wasn't bad when I was there so hopefully I'll bring back some good weather hehe. I arrive next Wednesday so keep your fingers crossed.
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                            Yeah Ant, I've got a few of those that I bought when I was there last November. Funny enough the weather wasn't bad when I was there so hopefully I'll bring back some good weather hehe. I arrive next Wednesday so keep your fingers crossed.
                            Denty, sSurprisingly enough we get some of our most beautiful weather in Autumn.
                            Just curious, where are you going to be living?

Regards HemDee
                            Interests include:
                            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

the first two nights here were great to see the planets.. bu since then its been tornado watch and clouds after another
                              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X