Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart delacing *.avi's with TMPGEnc, and more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart delacing *.avi's with TMPGEnc, and more...

VirtualDUB is a tool often used for this, but if you have TMPGEnc on your system it's a pretty darned good option as well. In fact you can use any filter in the Settings/Advanced menu...even the 3:2 pulldown and inverse telecine where they apply.

What makes this even better is that TMPGEnc can export not only *.mpg's but also *.avi's (using VfW codecs), numbered image sequences or just the audio portion of a video as a *.wav. This opens up a lot of options for editors.

If using image sequences you have the option of exporting as *.bmp, *.tga, *.jpg or *.ppm.

Exporting non-MPEG's using the filters in TMPGEnc is done by setting up whatever filters & options in the Settings/Advanced menu you want, then closing it and using the File/Output to file menu item.

Small issue: if you choose the *.avi option the video and audio dialog buttons are not rendered properly. They appear as only small portions of a button to the right of the video and audio info lines.

The highest quality I've obtained is using the (Even-Odd field (field adaptation)) option in the Settings/Advanced/Deinterlace.

Here are some examples (*.jpg @ 40% for small size, so allow for that when checking quality);

DV frame w/interlace artifacts:

Delaced frame using Even-Odd field adaptation:

Just a bit better 'eh?

Also, when exported the delaced/de-artifacted footage to an interlaced format like DVD/MPGE-2 TMPGEnc does a very good job of it as well.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 April 2002, 10:21.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Can I also add that you can easily load TMPEG project files into AviSynth, which is very useful at times if you want to use TMPEG's filters, but still encode with CCE, BBMPEG or Nandub etc.

Rob

Comment

Chime right on in....the more tools we have the better for everyone!!

That said I'm using TMPGEnc Plus (registered version), which works just great save for the funny *.avi properties icons.

Dr. Mordriod
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X