high quality divx creation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high quality divx creation...

I have seen some outstanding divx in the past so forget about realtime divx creation. I cannot seem to get the thing to work. there are too many frame drops. I can capture without file segments now using virtual dub on win2k/ntfs and very few frame drops using mjpeg

can someone give me some recommendations on how to simply make high quality divx instead?? I am shooting for quality more than anything. what about customizing file sizes to tailor to the disk. I think someone said if you use mjpeg and goto divx from it, you end up with a lot more artifacts. thankyou.

sysconfig:
    mainboard: abitkt7a/1.4tbird/512micron
    video: marvel g400tv
    scsi: symbios wide scsi w/ 10k ibm boot and 18gig hitachi backup.
    mass storage: wd1200jb/120gig
    sound: santacruz
    cdrom drives: all plextor scsi

Capture in HuffyYUV avi and load into Virtualdub. Use DivX 5.01 CODEC. You can smart deinterlace in VD or use bob in AVIsynth.
    I resize to 640x480 (used to be 512x384 but 5.01 is so good at compression I get 3 episodes of Enterprise on 1 CD) using a temporal smoother of 1 I get excellent quality from a digital feed. Don't even bother with MJpeg (don't take my word for it - do a test and you will see the difference although you will need a powerful machine to play back raw Huffy).

Check out www.everwicked.com for some useful guides.
    Nethermancer

Comment

ok so, file/capture avi then video/compression, select huffyuv2.1.1, and is there anything else because so far, I am getting a ton of frame drops. why are frame drops such a problem with virtual dub?

Comment

Working...
      X