Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel with intergrated DV?

Hi
    I want to ask about new Matrox Marvel cards with Intergrated DV / Firewire / IEEE-1394 Interface. Does Matrox sell such card?
    Is there any plan to sell such card?

What is the type of graphic chips?
    (ie G450, G550, G800, G1000?)

Thank you.

Matrox isn't making either the Marvel or the eTV cards any longer. There will be no integrated Marvel + IEEE-1394 device, even though many here (including Matrox betas) thought it was a good idea.

The only integrated analog + IEEE-1394 device I'm aware of is the ATI RADEON 8500 DV. The problem is that this card, like most other ATI capture cards, has issues that are unlikely to be fixed given ATI's history of driver development.

I'd recommend using a Hauppage WinTV Theater for capturing analog, a Pyro IEEE-1394 for DV and a Matrox G450 using its dualhead/DVDMAX feature to export the analog to tape.

I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear, but sometimes the truth hurts

Dr. Mordid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 April 2002, 08:19.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Me and abour 15-20 others that I know of woudl urge you to go with seperate cards as well. We are the ATI 8500DV owners. The card is fabulous at everythgin except for the firewire portion. If you need analog capture capability it is a fantastice card. If you need really fast 3D it is a great card. If you want a firewire port...buy a seperate DV card. They will work together, the combo deal is just not a good idea.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
      X