Having some troubles with Jedi Knight 2: Outcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having some troubles with Jedi Knight 2: Outcast

My main problem is that after any length of play, I get dumped back to a very ****ed up version of my desktop. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. BTW, other than that problem, the game looks AWESOME! Anyone here play it?

I thought it might be heat related, but I just re-thermalpasted and reattached my alpha to my processor and it didn't seem to help at all....

Thanks guys. BTW, how's everyone been lately?

-Dimitri

Current system (nothing overclocked when having this problem):
    MSI K7-PRO (110 clk gen)
    Slut A T-Bird 800 @ 800 - 1050 or so
    384 Megs Crucial -7E
    LBLive! (xgamer or one of those NOT commonly known as Platinum or "el cheapo version") with optical out
    a hard drive or so
    a CDR/DVD or so
    a mouse and a keyboard
    Win2k
    G400MAX -> just updated to version 6.82.016

lemme know if you need anything else.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

The game uses OpenGL, which Matrox could care less about. This is the reason why I'm very worried about Neverwinter Nights... it's OpenGL based too.

Comment

I've heard the latest drivers work OK.

Comment

Muad'Dib, you wouldnt happen to use the same name online would you?

Comment

bsdgeek - on occasion.... Usually I use Mitzo_MU though.

I have discovered something. The game runs just fine at 800 1.65 Vcore, but my comp. doesn't like to turn on unless it's really cold at that voltage. 1.70 turns on just fine and runs flawlessly through to 957mhz, but I get dumped back to the desktop. I guess I'll have to go back to some sort of decent cooling rig and maybe it will work better.

BTW Jon, the drivers seem to work fine when I can play. Decently fast considering what I've got in my comp - @ 45-120fps at 800 x 600 x 32 - but it kind of sucks cause I haven't really been able to sit down and play it because of the heat I guess.....

-Dimitri
          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

but it kind of sucks cause I haven't really been able to sit down and play it because of the heat I guess.....
            I feel for ya, it's 86 degrees in the room here, and the sun isn't even shining outside... I switched the computer from winter to summer mode to keep it cool (i.e. put higher speed fans in, sounds like a vacuum cleaner). I'm running a Celeron 850 @ 1050 myself, 1.75v.

Comment

I may or may not have seen you, I usually use the name Q.

Comment

Don't recall seeing the name Q before in games.

Jon, I've got 8 REALLY loud fans here myself. I got a headache from this shit last night cause it's louder than ****!

-Dimitri
                --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Turn off gl-extensions worked for me.

Comment

My JKII Settings are as follows: 1152x864 Resolution/ GL Extensions OFF/16 bit Colordepth/"High" Texture settings/16 bit Textures/Bilinear Filtering, Shadows off.

I am using the "rset_OpenAL=1" option in the game to correct sound degradation with my Philips Acoustic Edge.

I have read, but not tested, that you CAN go into the game after a cutscene and enable the GL extensions. This workaround was mentioned specifically in the JKII FAQ.

I may try it tonight after work.

Matrox is aware of the OpenGL problems and seem to be responding very positively. Maybe an ICD, maybe a driver, let's hope for both!
                    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
                    X