Plexwriter 2410TA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plexwriter 2410TA

I have taken home a Plexwriter 2410TA to mayby replace my Sony crx140e (8/4/32)!

And I'm mostly interested in the overburning capabilities!
    We also recieved a shipment of 90+ minutes discs

And As I have to take my computer ofline to excange a couple of agiing fans (they are starting to get on my nerves with theyr whine )
    I was planing to check the burner out at the same time......
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Dustfilters!
    I'm glad that I bought some!

Now my fans will last longer!?!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

forums are slow....

Comment

The Plexy 24x is a great drive. Almost as many burning capabilities as the Liteon, but MUCH higher quality.

I don't think you'll have any problems overburning to 90 minutes. The big problem with that is whether or not your particular reader will READ up to 90 minutes. For music cd's in your car this isn't an issue so much as your DVD player - many don't like reading past 88 or so minutes (seems to be some kind of physical limitation).

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Good to hear!

About overburning data, I asume that the burner won't have any problems with reading it own overburned cd's ?

Comment

Well you know what happens when you assume, right?

But in THIS case, yes the Plexy will read its own overburnt discs just fine.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Ok, after reading the funny warning in Nero, What actualy happen if you try to overburn to much? (besides creating a coaster? )

Comment

hmm....

Seems that your right Gurm, the cd works in the burner and the cd-rom in my NLE computer but not in the DVD drive in my main computer or my laptop! buggy smilie --> gre:
                Last edited by Technoid; 18 April 2002, 15:39.

Comment

Working...
                X