Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1394 network problem under win2k

hi

I have just installed win2k for the first time on my new machine and I would like to connect this machine to my old one via firewire like I use to do with win XP.

I did my best but still can't make the win2k to recognize the correct drivers for the firewire controller. (DV capturing is OK)

When I connect the two computers together, I can see in the win2k side that two drivers - 1394 HOST and Ndis 1394 Enumerator have yellow question mark and the network doesn't work.

I have tried to look for solutions in Microsoft site, I tried to menually replace and copy files but it insist not to work.

Any suggestions?

PS. the second comp runs under winME and it connect perfect to my brother machine which runs winXP.
    SOYO DRAGON PLUS
    AthlonXP 1800+
    512 megs DDR 2100
    Windows XP Pro.
    IBM 40.1 GB
    ATI AIW RADEON 7500
    ONBOARD SOUND 5.1 Ch.
    Panasonic NV-DS15 (DV in/out)
    Ulead MSP 6.0

I think you need to buy 3rd party software for 1394 networking on Windows 2000.

I just noticed your sig, I don't think an AMD K6-II is enough cpu for DV editing. I've found PIII-500 to be about the slowest that'll work for both capture and output back to tape.

--wally.

Comment

Windows XP has the necessary network drivers for firewire, Win2000 doesn't. Only Sony has some for '2000 bundled with their Vaio notebooks. Technically it should be possible to "transplant" the drivers from XP to 2000. Haven't tried it, though.
      Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Working...
      X