Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVI-I to DVI-D

Hi,

I am trying to connect a Matrox G550 (DVI-I) to a Philips Brilliance 150p2 (DVI-D).

Can anyone tell me where in the UK I can get a suitable cable or cable and adapter as I'm struggling to find anything... I never would have beleived that it was so difficult!

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

last i checked the DVI-D cable that the monitor includes should plug into the DVI-I port without a problem and work.

If i remember correctly the only difference between them is that DVI-I has a few additional pins to handle analog outputs (which is why most video card companies use it), but the digital pinouts are unchanged.

You may want to wait until someone else chimes in tho...

Edit: for clarification, you may want to wait because my experience with DVI flat panels has been odd.. we had a GF2 blow out after being unplugged from the system while the monitor was still connected.... very odd indeed...
    Last edited by DGhost; 18 April 2002, 23:24.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
    X