Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont think that you will see a Matrox card ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont think that you will see a Matrox card ...

So, months have passed and no sign off the GLORIFIED phapastestilia. Dont think that Matrox is releasing anything this year.. or maybe a ANOTHER new slower revision of G400-core.

The "insiders" here just say waitwaitwait. Guess what... I did wait for matrox to come up with something for 2.5 YEARS. They only managed to make new cards that were SLOWER than my G400MAX.

Bought ATI 8500LE in december and im REALLY happy with it. The drivers have been "ready" from the version 6025 [ since then there have been 6037[useless], 6043[GREAT], 6052[no big boost] and 6058[the best ones yet] ] for XP. I get great performance with no problems with even the newest games [ Usually the games are buggy and have to be fixed, not the drivers ].

ATI has put out more [ or leaked ] more drivers than Matrox ever did. But still, i might come back to Matrox if they EVER get something as good as G400 out when it was released. Since Matrox has the BEST support out there. But because i bought ATI i dont have to wait with a S-L-O-W machine.

Pe-Te

As you can see, even if you dont have a Matrox card, some people still visit the site.. allmost everyday.

Don't worry you'll get a new Matrox card Soon(tm)
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

I waited for 2.5 years and then changed my G400MAX into Marvel G400-TV

Comment

Would you like to see the hat menu Sir?

The exact details of where and when are in these forums if you look, say like in <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32398">this thread</a>.

Comment

ATI has put out more [ or leaked ] more drivers than Matrox ever did.
          Yea, and by "leaking" them instead of releasing them then they don't have to support them.

Dont think that Matrox is releasing anything this year.. or maybe a ANOTHER new slower revision of G400-core.
          Don't worry, all your fears will be relieved very, very soon.

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Re: Dont think that you will see a Matrox card ...

Originally posted by PeTe

Pe-Te
            well, well, it is our furball... and always so negative waves.

anyways, if you are happy, be happy and don't worry if some others are still waiting. basically it is their own problem, not yours. look pal, you have live your own life, not to the others. If someone is waiting something, does it make any big change in your situation? at least not for me.

(of course there is possibility that human mind makes things like scarying that has made wrong decision just a moment before something better was coming. But hey, in some point you have to make the decision, you know.)

so be happy and don't worry
            "Dippadai"

Comment

Only posted that because was getting pretty tired of those Soon[TM] posts that you can find on ANY graphics card post in this forum.. there are allways ~6 guys saying.. wait wait wait. Then ill check back a new thread 4-5 months later and these same guys post wait wait, dont buy anything... ARGH. Partly posted the thread to try to get a reaction from these guys.

Yes, im happy about my system at the moment, but does that mean that i cant be intrested in a new Matrox card ? No.

I waited and waited. Got a new card that actually is out there and working. I only WISH that Matrox would get anything going, but now im not sure if they ever get more than a 2D-card out. Im pretty sure that if they WOULD get a worthy 3d-card out, i would buy it, but.. we will see SOON[TM] if that EVER happens.. ?

And when you post links to the Crystall ball saying that the card will be announced [insert day here], i would like you to make a search on that forum and link all those threads that had.. new matrox card is coming out in fall, before Christmas, mid-january, by the end of march, may june..

These guys just take their own posts and then add 3 months to the "release" date and post it again.. or check the calender for the "next E3-show" and post that. If Matrox had announced a card every time someone says so in the crystall ball-forum we would have atleast 50 new cards after G400.

Pe-Te

Oh and Nappe, wheres that Bittboys card you said they had on silicon and was ready to ship to reviewers.. guessing that comment was about 6-12 months ago so you can just STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel

Yea, and by "leaking" them instead of releasing them then they don't have to support them.
                Joel
                Well actually ATI has released 6025, 6037 and 6043 versions of those drivers. So they actually DO release them, but naturally these releases come a bit later that those released to the developers. So that comment was just plain lie.

Pe-Te
                Last edited by PeTe; 17 April 2002, 05:15.

Comment

Originally posted by PeTe

Oh and Nappe, wheres that Bittboys card you said they had on silicon and was ready to ship to reviewers.. guessing that comment was about 6-12 months ago so you can just STFU.
                  Time to check your facts:

At first, I said chip was finished. Not that it is already in final silicon.

Second, that comment that Avalanche will be shipped to reviewers was posted on major boards by me on 30th of November or 1st of December (makes 4 and half months), Not "about 6-12 months ago." (you check this even from here.)

I also mentioned that Only they (bitboys) knows when they are going to sent those review samples.

And about everything above: I still stand behind my words: Avalanches will be reviewed by major websites and press, but time is unknown.

...About parhelia: Time schedules have come and go, but one has stayed. it is E3 as card release. I was expecting a bit more before GDC, but because when GDC started and nothing was heard from Matrox, I was pretty sure that we don't see launch at GDC. Matrox has always released cards/chips just before major shows, so that they can demonstrate them to audience.

and yeah, if you went with Radeon 8500LE, maybe it wasn't a bad choice at that moment. (It is a value model anyway.) And if I would need a card right away, I would go for Radeon 8500 or Gigabyte Radeon 8500 Deluxe ViVo... But right now my AIW Radeon(it last got almost 100% working drivers! it took almost year and half but now it is running ok. ) is enough and I am saving for next card. which I will buy on July or August.
                  Last edited by Nappe1; 17 April 2002, 05:45.
                  "Dippadai"

Comment

ahem!
                    matrox showed the parhelia in action at gdc, if that wasn´t a hint about a new card, then i don´t know what a hint is.
                    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by TDB
                      ahem!
                      matrox showed the parhelia in action at gdc, if that wasn´t a hint about a new card, then i don´t know what a hint is.
                      yeah, but Pe-Te here is very pessimistic guy... and not only case of Matrox, but in any case of gfx cards that are faster than anything on market right now and coming somewhere else than ATI or nVidia...
                      "Dippadai"

Comment

as far as i understood, it wasn't the parhelia they demo'd at GDC, it was just a software demo...

...and if u decide to buy an ATi8500, then ok...i've been had like that b4, and i would rather wait than spend loads of cash on a card that might only be viable for 6 months.(in the market).

ATi has good dvd playback etc...
                        Nvidia is fast.....
                        Matrox has outstanding quality, dvd playback, video playback..
                        (i am biased)

Have fun with the 8500 PeTe, everyone will have to change in 12 months prob if they want to play etc at max frame rates...

We only have one month to wait, and by that time, all the radeon cards and stuff will be cheaper. So if it isn't up to par, we will still be able o kick ass....

Me? I'm waiting.
                        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

The GDC demo this year was run in hardware, unnamed hardware from the Matrox stable. Given no product Matrox currently have on the market is capable of running the demo as was we can only presume it is an as yet unreleased new product, or it could simply be a one off they made just for that occasion to help Microsoft out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                            ... unnamed hardware from the Matrox stable.
                            Unfortunately it's not yet stable

Comment

How do you know it not stable now?

Comment

Working...
                              X