G400 & RRunner-G - Big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 & RRunner-G - Big problem

Hi, this is my first use of the forum. So Please HELP me.
    I have G400 DH (16 MB) and from yesterday Rainbow Runner G-series. I have the following problems:
    1. Using Windows 2000: The picture is stretched and the aspect ratio can not be changed. Also the scale can not be changed. The scale is 0.5 and horiz. is twice large. That with Antenna (TV) and Composite signals. Latest drivers.
    2. Using Windows 98: The picture is with correct aspect ratio, but the scale cannot be changed and stays 0.5 fixed.

On both Windows the picture is placed in the top left angle of the display - I can't move it anyway.

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

Driver support for the Marvel / Rainbow Runner series has been suspended ages ago. The newer G400 drivers do not correctly support the video capture features of those boards, so to be on the safe side you need to use older drivers.
    At http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...atest/home.cfm you can find the "final" PowerDesk for the RRG (scroll the page down until you find a row that says "Rainbow Runner G series"). You should uninstall your newer drivers before installing the older ones, of course.
    Some people have managed to hack newer drivers to support the Marvel, do a search on these forums to find out how. I myself have not had enormous success with this, the problems that I've experienced are the exact ones that you described above.
    Last edited by Tempest; 16 April 2002, 05:03.

Comment

You mean for win98:
      Display: 6.28.017 (12jul01)
      Vid Tool: 1.55.043 (10apr01)

for win2k:
      Display: 5.39.019 (12jul01)
      Vid Tool: 2.04.015 (12jul01)

These are from the site you wrote. It sounds strange to me that "bacearding" the driver will solve the problem. I'll try it tonight. (Sure you're right).

Comment

Hi, the problem was fixed.
        The same is reported in the official Matrox' site forum, but they cannot fit it. I did it using the "standard" combination isplay: 5.39.019 (12jul01) Vid Tool: 2.04.015 (12jul01).
        So there is a new question:
        Someone reported the following in the Matrx's forum:
        ---------------
        RRGS in XP with G400/MAX
        The Latest Drivers Tab is: Driver for Rainbow Runner G Series for Win XP - NONE PLANED! It`s no problem. You must take a graphic driver BETA 5.82.014 + Video Tools from Marvel G450eTV 2.10.010a(final) and all is running. Really!!! Thanks, Matrox!
        ---------------
        Did someone tried this combination ?
        (I mean for win2k, maybe it's the same).

Comment

Working...
        X