G400 MJPEG Problem in Win98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MJPEG Problem in Win98

I used to use my G400 Marvel perfectly working in my previous motherboard (ABIT KT7).

Since I upgrade my computer to KG7 (DDR) the poor G400 became the slowest part of that and pulled back the performence so I built an other machine especially for my dear G400 to keep the video capturing ability. I belive my problem began with this because since then I am not able to record in Mjpeg format (the RGB is sucks, small and ugly).

The video-tools start to record but there are no frames recorded only the audio. I have already tried to format the HD and build a fresh system but it does not work either.

Description: Amptron K7-810LM, 256MB SD RAM, Duron700, G400 Marvel (drivers, vtools installed from the original install CD). OS: Win98SE.

Do you guys have any idea?

HELP, please!

-----------------------------------------------
    Amptron K7-810LM
    Duron700, 256MB 100MHz SD
    Marvel G400TV
    Win98SE

Amptron mainboard = actually a PCChips = trouble looking for a place to happen.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If you check Amptrons website you will see the recommendation for Matrox cards. I did that before buying. The other thing: everything else is working fine but the capturing...
      Amptron K7-810LM
      Marvel G400TV
      Win98SE

Comment

This is a dicy m/b. Try disabling all the inbuilt features (sound, fax, network) and try external ones. Very often m/b makers take shortcuts with inbuilt features, which upset video apps. Note that I believe that the so-called "customer-approved video" cards are actually plain graphics cards, some possibly with TV-in, but NOT video cards for capturing.

The Amptron page on your m/b would have frightened me away very fast: there seems nothing going for it. Their "tested" VGA cards seem as if they've been buying up prehistoric ones from e-bay. Sorry

Oh! And download the most recent graphics and video drivers from the Matrox site for your card. What is on your CD-ROM may be quite old.
        Last edited by Brian Ellis; 16 April 2002, 08:24.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I use the modem and the LAN too (my two computer is linked together).

Before I'm getting upset I try my Marvel in my KG7... but it seems the motherboard...

I have tried the most recent drivers first and after their failure tested with the original one... who knows principal
          Amptron K7-810LM
          Marvel G400TV
          Win98SE

Comment

Next time you want a cheap AMD mainboard consider the ECS K7S5A. It's very inexpensive (abt. $50 USD online) but, unlike the PCChips products, also happens to be stable and fast.

It can also handle both PC100 and PC133 SDRAM as well as PC2100 DDR.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If you have no problems with your cheap motherboard means noone else could have problem too?

You know if I bought it I want to fix the problem within these borders. Easy to say "you ****ed up" afterwards...

Thanks, but help means something else to me!
              Last edited by spyder; 18 April 2002, 08:10.
              Amptron K7-810LM
              Marvel G400TV
              Win98SE

Comment

Spyder,
                it's not necessary to have a cheap mobo in order to have problems. A few days ago i put my old and trusty Mil II/RRS to a brand new Asus P4B266-E (quite expensive, at least in my country) because i wanted to do some mjpeg capturing and quick mpeg encoding. To my surprise when i tried to capture with avi_io it reported 0 captured frames 0 dropped and that was it. After many many hours of unistallation/installation and tracking what i was putting on, i found that the problem was caused by the logitech mouse driver. Yes it is unbelievable but true, when i set up the mouse as generic ps/2 then everything is ok, trying to load a logitech (.vxd or .drv) either from win98, win98se or from logitech and the capture cannot even start. I tried 2 different logitech mice (mouseman ps2 and cordless optical) and the result was the same, the strange thing is that in my old PIII system the same card with the same mice was working just fine.
                So have you checked your mouse driver ?
                mits,
                System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
                model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but I have a regular serial mouse and a PS2 keyboard. I don't think that could cause the problem, but thanks for giving me some details! It is good to know that I am not the only person on earth who's got this mess...

I'm going to try to disable the LAN and the modem just to check if they are responsible for this.

First of all I have to fix the Marvel's BIOS because the computer got frozen while I updated that. So it's dead now...
                  Amptron K7-810LM
                  Marvel G400TV
                  Win98SE

Comment

I tried to use a third party videocapturing device the freeVCR.

There are several options for capturing. I want capturing from the TV so I tried each and every options to do that.

The error message is: the vidcap driver needs YUV2 4:2:2 format.

I do not have this format installed on my computer. What YUV2 format is (like YUY2 is mpeg)? Where can I get this format?

I am working hard on this, but I accept every useful advice, thanks in advance!

The Amazing spyder
                    Last edited by spyder; 23 April 2002, 03:41.
                    Amptron K7-810LM
                    Marvel G400TV
                    Win98SE

Comment

It is the Amptron mobo. That is not compatible to my Marvel. The worst thing is that everything seems good but the capturing and that is the only reason I built the second computer...

I took my Marvel and installed it into my KG7 and the MJPEG capturing is working just fine...
                      Amptron K7-810LM
                      Marvel G400TV
                      Win98SE

Comment

Working...
                      X