No announcement yet.

DivX Codec Slider - Quality Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivX Codec Slider - Quality Difference?

i was using the DivX Codec v3.11beta and i found the slider the site was talking about. the only difference i noticed was that when i get to around 3 the movie starts skipping. maybe it's me.. but i didn't notice any quality change. i output the movie to TV btw. is there suppose to be a big difference as far as quality goes as the slider goes?

thanx in advance.

------------------
    Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

If the quality is in the source material the settings will matter. However, if the quality of the source is middling then once a certain setting is reached no further improvement will be seen.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

thanx for the reply. i guess there's no way you can tell unless you experiment with the setting for each movie. btw, do you have a problem display the WHOLE picture onto a 4:3 TV? the edge of both sides seem to be 'clipped' from the TV. any suggestions would be appreciated

------------------
      Glarec
      ------

Glarec
      ------

Comment

Working...
      X